Crime & Safety in Carondelet>Question Details

Amy Dorman, Home Buyer in Jefferson City, MO

What does the Yellow indicate on the crime map? I see it's moderately low, but is it rated by time, types of crime, or both. How safe is this area?

Asked by Amy Dorman, Jefferson City, MO Wed Mar 27, 2013

This question was asked from http://www.trulia.com/property/1069971183-6119-Tennessee-Ave…

Answers

3
Amy Dorman’s answer
Thanks! I think that question reflects my feelings...I understand the risks of city living and plan to avoid major hotspots. I have grown up around a negative, city mentality where city is synonymous with crime...or violence. However i have to believe that the homeowners around me want safety and their property to not be violated as well. We plan to minimize the "opportunity" for crime to occur against us and can deal with minor property violations. I'm mostly concerned for the physical safety of myself and my child.
We did the rehab at 532 fassen st. Myself, wife and kids found the neighborhood safe. The crime maps do not reflect actual neighborhood, rather certain house and or hot blocks.. However, the police services are of the finest. We they are called, their response time is very fast, and they come in many units.. I have not experienced the neighborhood as unsafe. And me and my family spent year in carondelet neighborhood... and the restaurant and shops are some of the safest along virginia and meramec. my family loves the national favorite the IRON BARLEY.. Thanks, SNL
Amy,
Carondelet area has long been a community within South St. Louis area highly rated for people who enjoy city living, with the inviting atmosphere that suburban communities garner. So much so, this area has their own website. Go to http://www.carondeletliving.com/, for more information. As any area, especially in the city limits of St. Louis, there will be incidences of crime. There's another website that I use called crimereports.com, there you can click on advanced search and see a specific 30 day span for the last 6 months of any area. This is a beautiful home, let me know if I could be of any more assistance to you. Thanks. Janel Williams-Broker's Corner Realty-314-827-5478.