Mark, Other/Just Looking in 94114

What does the Eastern Neighborhood development plan mean for Dogpatch in the short, medium and long term?

Asked by Mark, 94114 Sat Sep 6, 2008

Full details on the plan are posted here: http://www.sfgov.org/site/planning_index.asp?id=25205

Answers

1
Mark,

That is a huge question. Having been to planning and neighborhood meetings on the plan I'd need to write a dissertation to be able to answer the question.

I'm going to assume you are asking about residential property and will the area improve. That is an unqualified yes. Residential property in Dogpatch will rise in value and I think at a higher rate than other areas of the city.

Proximity to Mission Bay, close to Downtown, The Giants and new resturants going in. It is just starting to take off. As development continues along the 3rd Street corridor Dogpatch will be even more desirable becaus it is closer to the UCSF/ Mission Bay jobs and Downtown.

The big part of the question is the zoning for each individual block. The drive to maintain Production,Repair & Distribution capabilities will either be good for some or bad for some.

I say that because there are many developers that have bought property in the eastern neighborhoods expecting to build and they have been stalled. If you bought an old warehouse and were going to tear it down and build condo's you might not be able to or you could be right next door to a distribution warehouse or some other industrial zoned parcel.

We have this debate already raging in the city with people that have purchased lofts in SOMA and now want more neighborhood type services than are usually allocated to industrial areas.

But Dogpatch is going to do well. You are right in the way of progress.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Sep 6, 2008
Jed Lane, Real Estate Pro in San Francisco, CA