Crime & Safety in Denver>Question Details

Josh Perkins, Real Estate Pro in City Park, Denver, CO

What do you all think of the Whittier neighborhood?

Asked by Josh Perkins, City Park, Denver, CO Tue Jan 28, 2014

Answers

11
Josh,

My family has lived in the Whittier Neighborhood since the mid 50's. We have seen amazing changes and growth. It has gone from a questionable neighborhood to one of the most desired and respected areas in the city over the past 15 - 20 years. Mostly turn of the century homes, many of which have had major restoration done. There is now some new construction in the area as well. Close to downtown and everything that Denver has to offer. Great transportation and close to light rail. A great neighborhood to consider for many reasons.

Robert McGuire ASR
Broker/Consultant
Your Castle Real Estate
Direct - 303-669-1246
http://about.me/robertmcguire33
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun Feb 2, 2014
Whittier has gained a lot of attention in the past few years. I absolutely love, love, love that neighborhood and am so excited to see all of the positive changes that have not only occurred in real estate, but also in the community feel overall!

Ashleigh McLean
Associate Broker
Madison and Company
(303) 847 -2312
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Feb 25, 2014
Any place with architecture is good with me. Death to track homes, bilevels and trilevels!
Web Reference: http://Levelhi.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Feb 4, 2014
It's a great historic neighborhood with lots of character! Feel free to contact me if you would like to know about home values or specific properties.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Jan 30, 2014
This is truly a diverse neighborhood. Traditionally a black neighborhood, as the homes in other areas became less affordable over the past 20 years, the neighborhood has seen in influx of Hispanic and white buyers. The area supports nice parks, mom and pop businesses, the convenience of being minutes to downtown and affordable housing. This neighborhood is a wonderful place to call home.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Jan 29, 2014
I love the Whittier Neighborhood. It reminds me of the N. Park Hill area 10 years ago. Still affordable and gaining value. It would be a great place to buy and keep that home as a rental.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Jan 29, 2014
Beautiful neighborhood. When it comes to Architecture and Mature Landscape Whittier is in line with Washington Park, Highland neighborhood at a much fair price.

I had seen the prices peaked mid of 2013 but have come down from the high make it more affordable for buyers and fairly priced for sellers.

Certainly, there is tons of potential for the neighborhood and for buyers to ride the wave to sweet equity.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Jan 29, 2014
Great neighborhood becoming more and more popular with younger buyers. Beautiful older homes there with tons of potential.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Jan 29, 2014
It's very popular among buyers, who like older homes, urban lifestyle and close proximity to Downtown.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Jan 29, 2014
Hello Josh,

Whittier is a great city, it's proximity to the beach, the mountains and it's melting pot and demographics makes it a great place to live or invest in… you'll love the Friendly Hills area! There's a good spread of Household incomes with at least 20% of the population earning between $50-$74k per year.

Are you looking to owner occupy of buy and rent?

Here's a quick link for you.

http://www.citydemographics.us/whittier/
The question was posed about the neighborhood of Whittier in Denver, CO not Whittier, CA.
Flag Sat Mar 8, 2014
We lived in the Whittier Neighborhood for many years and loved it. The diversity and character in people and homes is wonderful as well as the proximity to downtown. It does have it's challenges, at times, just like any area, but it has a true neighborhood feel that keeps me coming back to visit years after we moved away.
Cindy Miller
Brokers Guild Classic Ltd.
denvercindy@gmail.com
720.633.4352