Crime & Safety in Norwood>Question Details

Vaimit, Renter in Norwood, MA

What about safety at 217, rock street, Norwood, MA. Is it safe to live in basement apartments at this condominium...?

Asked by Vaimit, Norwood, MA Tue May 1, 2012

AS i was looking for apartment at this condo, I would be grateful if you could provide information about how safe this area specially for single woman intend to live at 217 Rock street, Norwood, MA...? is it safe in all aspects...?

Answers

3
As others have already mentioned Realtors are not allowed to give out opinions/advice on whether a particular town or area is safe. However...speaking not as a Realtor but as the father of three daughters I am uncomfortable with the thought of a female living in a basement type condominium unit. I may be old fashioned but given a choice I would look for an alternative option within the building. Having said that the internet is a good source for information on crime data and stats as well as the local police. A couple of sites that I have used in the past are familywatchdog.us and nsopr.gov (National Sex Offender Registry).

~Lenny Harris
Sorry! We cannot "say" if a property is in a safe area or not. If you really like this condo take the address to the Norwood police station ask them for all the reports for that area. They are used to this request. Good luck!
This may be why you have received no replied. We as agents are not allowed to discuss or label something as safe. You may want to check crime stats and read the Norwood Patch history to find out on your own.