Crime & Safety in Houston>Question Details

Linda Simien, Renter in Houston, TX

Were there crimes on the premises? Do you have security?

Asked by Linda Simien, Houston, TX Fri Apr 6, 2012

Answers

5
The local police department can better answer any crime related concerns, consider a call/visit.
No crimes to my knowledge. There was an alarm connected to the house at one time, not now.
Linda,

The Texas Seller Disclosure does not ask the seller/landlord to report anything in regards to crimes accept for a death or production of illegal drugs. A new web site from the Houston Police Department has been developed that you can review to see updated information.. http://mycity.houstontx.gov/crime

Also the seller/landlord do not have to discuss sex offenders, even if they think there is one living near by. You will have to review information posted on the Texas Department of Public Safety's web site.. https://records.txdps.state.tx.us/DPS_WEB/SorNew/index.aspx

Speaking to the local police officer or duputy sheriff can also provide some information on a particular area. Knocking on a neighbors door could be a good call. The more you know about an area before you purchase or lease, the better. Keep in mind your Realtor does not have this information and cannot advise on what is a "good" or "bad" area. Let us know if we can assist you.

Mark McNitt
m 832-567-4357
Bernstein Realty
Thanks, I should have been more specific. I was inquiring about the apts
The Retreat at Eldridge
Flag Sat Apr 7, 2012
crimereports.com

I'm unsure which "premises" we are discussing, but try the web-site above.
There have not been any crimes that I know of on this property. And I don't believe it has an alarm system.