Crime & Safety in Atlanta>Question Details

kristy4142003, Other/Just Looking in Georgia Tech, Atlanta,...

We may be moving to Atlanta, Georgia Tech, for my husbands job. We do have two boys in Elem and I need to know what areas I should be looking at.

Asked by kristy4142003, Georgia Tech, Atlanta, GA Sun Jan 19, 2014

Answers

16
I think with two small children you should look in the East Cobb, Roswell areas. Both have excellent schools and if you venture in to Roswell it has one of the Best Parks and Recreaction Departments in the Country. If you need a referral to a local agent familiar with your areas or help with mortgage financing give me a call on my cell phone I am available 7 days a week and after hours.

Marc D’Angelo
Mortgage Banker
678.442.3405 Office
678.985.6834 Fax
404.925.8291 Cell
mdangelo@brandmortgage.com
apply online: mdangelo.brandmortgage.com
I live 2 miles from Georgia tech on Northside dr.
Buckhead, Brookhaven and Vinings are great areas.
I would love to help you find a place for your family!

Katya Cooper
Realtor ®

Keller Williams Realty Atlanta Perimeter
115 Perimeter Center Pl, suite 100, Atlanta, GA, 30346

Fax: 678-298-1616
I would consider the Brookhaven area. I would be happy to discuss with you.

Jeff Jackson
Berkshire Hathaway Home Services
404-909-1965
http://www.jeffjackson.bhhsga.com
Need a mortgage? Contact Amy Juczynski 404-906-1435. Ajuczynski@getevolved.com.

Looking forward to assisting you and your sweet family. Welcome to GA!!
Hi Kristy,

I currently have two children (young adults) going to Georgia Tech. What I would be interested in knowing is if you are planing on living close to the school?

If not, what type of a commute are you willing to make? I have lived in the suburbs of Atlanta most of my life and if you refer to school information at schooldigger.com you can begin to get an idea of ranking and school information.

I would be happy to help you with learning the area and finding out which area is best for you and your family. I have been corporately transferred both domestically and internationally and I understand how important it is to find a great place for your family to live.

Let me know if I can help.

Kathy Archambault, Keller Williams Atlanta Partners
678-687-6711
kathyagent@att.net
goodlifeatlanta.com
Kristy,

I have personal references from several families with Tech that I have helped find their homes in Atlanta over the years, and would love to provide you those references, as well as assist you in finding the schools that meet your needs.

Please forward me more of your preferences/needs in the home you desire, the general price range, and I will send you specific links to information that will make your search much easier.

Marsha Sell CRS, e-PRO, CDPE
Coldwell Banker Residential Brokerage
Platinum Phoenix Award Atlanta Board
http://www.sellteam.com
marsha@sellteam.com
After all the blah blah blah, all will pretty much agree that schools are a major driving force behind value and appeal - http://hankmillerteam.com/2013/09/30/schools-key-to-value-ap…

The next level of blah blah will be where - I say East Cobb and NFulton. I have placed several Tech folks with kids in these areas, know many others that work/teach/coach there that live here as well. There is a reason these areas are so in demand.

I've been appraising and selling here since '94, drop me an email with details of what you'd like and I can offer more refined opinions -

Hank
Web Reference: http://www.hmtatlanta.com
I agree with Hank, without even knowing the price range. Kristy - call Hank. East Cobb...
Flag Mon Jan 20, 2014
Hi Kristy,

The area immediately around tech is Midtown Atlanta. About 3-5 miles nw is Howell Mill and Peachtree Battle, South is East point college park, east is Decatur. Decatur and Fulton County have good schools. There are several sources that you can review to demons the best fit for your family. Is a former tech student, I'm very familiar with the areas of I can be of assistance, please contact me.

When do you plan to move?

Frederick Rucker - Broker 2/14, MBA
678-793-7676
Ruckerrealtyteam@gmail.com
Best answer goes to Robert.

Kristy - what is your price range?
An excellent resource for schools is greatschools.org. That should give you the information you need to make an informed decision about where you would like for your new home to be located. Please let me know how I can be of assistance. I would love to help your dream home here in my hometown of Atlanta.
Sherry E. Bailey
Keller Williams Realty First Atlanta
678-644-5820
sherrybailey68@gmail.com
Kristy,

Welcome to beautiful Atlanta! I am sure you and your family will love our city. There are a few items that I would need to know in order to assist you properly with your move. Obviously your price range is important, your proximity to your husband's job and with two children I am sure the quality of schooling is as important. Please go to my website http://wwww.yourmoderlrealestate.com and click on Buyers Advantage. You will see a Purchasers Profile for you to fill out. This will help me to further assess your needs.

I would be happy to discuss your options in more details. Please feel free to contact me at your leisure. I look forward to hearing from you.

Aleta C. Saunders
PalmerHouse Properties
aleta@yourmodelrealestate.com
678-849-6920
http://Www.yourmodelrealestate.com
Congratulations to your move to ATL! I love this city~ Start with the schools. Atlanta magazine published a great article on the top schools. Here is the link.

http://www.atlantamagazine.com/issues/2012/01/03/january-201…

Contact me if I can be of service.

Gina Smith
404-457-8525
Good morning Kristy,

Welcome to Atlanta! There are a couple of things that we would want to discuss to help pinpoint some specific areas. Would you prefer to be in close proximity to your husbands new job at GA Tech or is he open to commuting? I assume that the school district is also important for your family. Also, things like desired price point, style of home, amenities are all good things to start thinking about in order to narrow down some target areas.

I would be happy to discuss your options with you in more detail at your convenience. Please feel free to contact me at anytime should you have any questions, comments or concerns.

Daniel Frankson
daniel.frankson@harrynorman.com
Kristy I will be more than happy to assist you. What is important to you. Proximity to work, schools, entertainment. Once those questions are answered we can take it from there. I have great resources to assist you and I am a certified relocation specialist. Please contact me at 678-773-0906 or at jeff.claeson@metrobrokers.com

Jeff
Kristy,

There are several Atlanta Public school that are considered better than average. For elementary schools, look up Brandon Morris, Sarah Smith, Morningside, Springdale Park, Mary Lin and Warren T Jackson. All of these schools have excellent parent involvement and do pretty well on standardized tests. You should also look at the Decatur school system as they have highly rated school from elementary all the way through high school.

If you have any questions or need any further assistance, please feel free to call me at my contact information below. I look forward to hearing from you and helping in any way that I can.

Terrance Mayo
Keller Williams Realty Peachtree Road
Mayo Realty Group
404-989-3262
mayorealtygroup@gmail.com
The answer to your question is really dependent upon what your price point to purchase is.

Feel free to call me at 404-389-4912 to further discuss your real estate needs.

Robert Taylor
ERA Morris and Raper
1718 Peachtree Street
Suite 276
Atlanta GA 30309