Lookinginli, Home Buyer in Buffalo, NY

We are looking at a house on Avenue B in Port Washington North and have been reading some blogs re: the

Asked by Lookinginli, Buffalo, NY Thu Jun 19, 2008

surrounding area being a questionable area to reside in. One blog specifically listed Avenue A as a street to avoid. Does anyone know about Avenue B, closer to the Blvd?

Answers

6
The good news is, is that someone thought the house on Avenue B was a good location to buy a homeand. I would be happy to email other listings to you that are in Port Washington to you. when do you need to move by? ekatz@laffey.com
Good luck in your search for a home!
Thanks for your responses. We read some questionable information on city-data about the outskirts of Port North near Ave A/Harbor Hills area. Fortunately the house we were interested is already in contract, so we didn't have to determine if the information was legitimate or not.
Hi there home buyer in Buffalo. I have lived in Port Washington since 1972. In fact, I lived on Avenue B for 5 years, until I moved into a bigger place. It is a wonderful neighborhood and community with quaint little cross streets and Daly Elementary School. On Avenue A there are very nice houses, some rentals, some businesses, ie a nursery, landscape co. , a local deli. I am curious to know which blog you were referring to in your inquiry.
I am glad you questioned this information. The # for the Port Washington Police is 516-883-2200.
Good Luck with your fact finding.

I have my Blackberry on from 7am-11pm ekatz@laffey.com if you need more information.

I can see that you would be concerned about Avenue B. However, everyone will have a different opinion of why one should avoid a specific street or town based on different variables. Did the blog give specific reasons as to why to avoid the street? I have lived in Port Washington my entire life and I don't know why someone would have said this. If you are hesitant about moving to Avenue B consult your real estate agent or you can go to the Port Washington Police station and request any statistics or information you would like. Good luck!

If you have any other questions please feel free to e-mail me: mbonavitacola@laffey.com.
Try Google maps.

Henry
917-497-0729

http://www.QueensLIRealtor.com