Crime & Safety in Greensboro>Question Details

caroletter, Home Buyer in Sun City, SC

WE ARE LOOKING TO BUY A HOUSE IN GREENSBORO....15 MIN. DRIVE FROM THE SPORTSPLEX & SENIOR CENTER. IS IT SAFE AND A SAFE 'INVESTMENT?'

Asked by caroletter, Sun City, SC Mon Sep 30, 2013

Answers

6
Carol, if you are looking for a great mortgage product give me a call (810)335-3503 or send me a quick email wallen@proficiomortgage.com and we can see what you qualify for
Hi Carol,

I just used to live in British Woods in Greensboro .It's a very nice and safe neighborhood and close to everything. .Good luck to you.
Hope this helps.

Susan
Hi Carol,
The best way to find out about safety in neighborhoods is to contact the police dept, they keep stats on that information, many of which can be found on the county website. As for the safe in investment you would have to pick neighborhoods and check how they have been selling by researching previous sales. Sales in the triad have been getting better, which is great for all of us! Happy house hunting! If you would like some help collecting the information please call me.

Katie Warmath http://-www.warmathrealtygroup.com-336-908-4378
Carol,

The Greensboro housing market is right now on the upward swing. We have a very low amount of inventory of homes for sale. Many buyers are having to move quickly when they do find the home they want since the amount of available homes for sale is low. As far as a safe investment real estate is traditionally a good long term investment. There are even companies/investment groups from as far away as California buying up homes here to use as rental properties.

As to you question about is an area "safe" Emily is correct as NC Licensed Brokers we are not allowed to comment on attributes about an area whether it is demographic makeup, crime, or anything. We can however be the "source" for the information you need to make the right decision for you and your family. The website Emily mentioned Spotcrime.com is a good site you can put in an address or an area and tell it a radius (1 mile or more) and it will tell you all the reported incidences for that area and then if you like it will send you a daily email updating you.

You can also contact the local Sheriff's department or the local municipality that you are searching in (local city police) to enquire about crime statistics. Trulia even has some crime statistics built in to their demographic information about areas. If you want detailed demographic information such as age range, and much more info you can actually look at Zipskinny.com for that. If you want to know about Senior centers, activities, or help with finding a home feel free to contact me through my profile here on Trulia.

Hope this helps,

Larry
Hi! As Realtors, we are not allowed to comment on specific crime statistics. However, I suggest http://www.spotcrime.com for your research purposes. Also, you can pretty much get to almost all of Greensboro in 15 minutes, so we would need to narrow down your search results a bit to look at specific neighborhoods. I am a native of Greensboro and am really familiar with the area and neighborhoods. Feel free to give me a call at 336-937-2891.
Depends on the exact spot you are looking in that area. There are some good neighborhoods near there, and some not so great ones. Please feel free to call me at 336-698-5166