Randomscreen…, Home Buyer in Woodland Hills, CA

Surprisingly high crime rates in Woodland Hills?

Asked by Randomscreenname, Woodland Hills, CA Sun Jul 8, 2012

I see statistics indicating that Woodland Hills is an extremely high crime area. For instance, both the L.A. Times and Redfin produce alarming numbers. This is a surprise to me -- I sort of equated WH with its neighboring areas -- Calabasas, Tarazana, Encino, etc.

Any thoughts? Thanks in advance.

Answers

5
here's a little secret about woodland hills. violent crime is relatively low, but the property crime rate has always been high. agents will not reveal this to you, but the statistics speaks for itself. yes, crime does happen where ever you may be, but statistics also reveal some grain of truth....
I live and work as a Realtor in Woodland Hills myself and feel it is safe for my familly. However you should do your own research for the area you want to leave in. But never feel like "that kind of things does not happen here" where ever you may be!
It is probably like most areas...there are good parts of Woodland Hills and then there are less desirable parts. My family moved into an area about five years ago and we were happy that it was a "safe" area. We had only been in the home for a couple of weeks or so when someone broke in the house while my daughter was at home. Fortunately the burglar ran from the house when he saw her!

I always recommend checking out the sex offender database to be sure there are no sex offenders in the immediate area.

Unfortunately there is crime is every area! Pick the neighborhood you feel the safest in and then try to narrow the crime search to that immediate neighborhood.

All my best,
Dot Chance
DRE #01494182
I am very surprised. As a realtor and a resident I am out and about in Woodland HIlls day and night. I have never been afraid of crime. I wouldn't leave my purse in the car but otherwise I feed quite safe.
It is the Valley. If you want a safer area check out Santa Clarita.