Crime & Safety in Kerman>Question Details

Catherine, Home Buyer in Fresno, CA

Soon I will be moving Kerman. In the general area of which I will be residing, I've herad some disturbing

Asked by Catherine, Fresno, CA Thu May 15, 2008

news about a high rate of meth labs and or meth dealers. I'm wondering now if that's why I'm getting such a great deal. Maybe being so close to the American Ave. disposal sight has something to do with it as well. If anyone has any info on this particular area I would greatly appreciate it.

Answers

2
Good Morning Catherine:
You might like to contact the Kerman Police or Sherriffs Department to ask questions regarding your concern. I am a Realtor, we are in a huge declining market all over, foreclosures and short sales are causing a decline in market values along with a "glut" of homes on the market for sale and too few buyers. You do have the right to make any inspections within your 17 day time frame according to the CAR purchase contract, with your concerns, I would call upon the Sherriffs Department to find out how close you may be to a meth lab and how many are in that neighborhood. Good Luck and hope this information helps. Carole Jacoby
Catherine,
My parents moved our family to Kerman (rather than Fresno) almost 20 years ago. Although I am now in the Sacramento area, my family still lives in Kerman and are now raising the next generation of our family there.
Kerman is a good place to live and raise children. And yes, there are very good deals out there because just like many other places, the builders built WAY too many homes and Kerman has its share of foreclosures. As far as crime, there is no comparison to Fresno. And unfortunately there are drug labs scattered throughout the whole central valley. If you have any specific questions about the area, schools, etc, feel free to reply. I lived there many MANY years and will actually be visiting Kerman this weekend. Good luck Catherine.
Alex Amaro
Web Reference: http://www.alexamaro.com