Crime & Safety in Tracy>Question Details

Daven Mody, Home Buyer in Tracy, CA

Should I buy an investment property in Tracy, CA especially near Hawthorne street?

Asked by Daven Mody, Tracy, CA Tue Feb 19, 2013

Answers

6
I would not recommend Hawthorne street. Gus 209-740-0767
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Feb 20, 2013
I sold a home on Hawthorne and my clients are happy there.
Thanks Dave. My brother and I ended up purchasing a home on Briar Ln., which is the adjoining street to Hawthorne. We are in the process of getting it fixed up and rented soon.
I used to live at 430 Hawthorne st in Tracy, ca 15+ years ago. You are close to the 205 freeway, however I don't ever remember it bothering me. I lived on the South side of the street though so the Master bedroom faced away from the freeway. I remember being drawn to the home because of how much home I was able to purchase for the price. I really loved the home. I had good neighbors. I can't speak for the neighborhood lately. You are walking distance to shopping and if you are a commuter it's easy to get on the freeway. The commute has improved since they added the third lane to 205.
Look at s. central ave 4 bdrm and magnolia also 4 bdrm, If that works out for you i am looking to rent in that area in the 1300 ish dollar range more if you pay water/garbage good credit/rental history 2 small dogs.
My wife & I own several investment properties in Tracy and the rental market is extremely strong in Tracy. Hawthorne St is not a bad area and over the past year or 2, there has been many rehabbed homes with new home owners too. My wife & I relocated from San Jose to Tracy in the earl 90's and have seen steady rental demand ever since we started investing in Tracy rentals since 1995. After the big Real Estate crash in 2006, the rental market has become even stronger! Call me anytime to chat and learn more @ 209-814-0119. Have a wonderful Wednesday! Your Friend & Realtor, Henry Brooks