Crime & Safety in Adelanto>Question Details

J. West, Home Owner in 91752

Retiring soon , thinging of Adelanto because of housing prices, not sure about the crime rate, do you think this is a safe area for older people ?

Asked by J. West, 91752 Mon Jun 4, 2012

Answers

4
Bo Goulet (760)713-6137’s answer
J. West;

There isn't a lot of price difference between Adelanto and neighboring towns of Victorville, Apple Valley, and Hesperia, once you deeply analyze the big picture. Don't hesitate to put a price on convenience of shopping, public transportation, and resale value of your home.

You may also wish to consider the retirement community of Jess Ranch in Apple Valley, as well as Spring Valley lake and/or Silver Lakes.

If you would like more details, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Certified Distressed Property Expert
DRE #01854568
Shear Realty-SVL Annex
13295 Spring Valley Pkwy., Unit C
Victorville, CA 92395
Mobile: (760) 713-6137
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Jun 5, 2012
We are both retire, moved to Adelanto from Orange County last year and really like this little town, Look for newer houses area, and where the lanscape is in good maintenance,our neighbor watch is really help, the police respond very quick when some one call. once we forget to close our side garage door at night, and our car trunk is open the whole night, that night, my neighbor 3 houses down, try too knock on the door want to tell us, but we don't open the door, because we don,t know him, the next morning because the trunk still open, he call the police and the police come right away and knock on my door, and ask the police what's happend? than we know that our neighbor is the one who call police, since than he is our good friend in the neighbor, We are oriental and the guy is an African American.so dont worry about Crime because crime is everywhwere, but we have to watch to each other.
2 votes Thank Flag Link Fri Dec 7, 2012
Hello J West
The best thing for you to do when planning on moving to a new city or community is to
call the police department and they will be more than happy to tell answer that question.
Let me know if you like me to show you couple of houses in the area so you can have a sense of the area you may like.

best regards
Ruth E Feast
626-674-0847
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Jun 4, 2012
Because of steering laws, and possible lawsuits, agents and brokers could get in a lot of trouble including jail time and fines if they were to tell you anything other than check local crime statistics.
I would also check local census unemployment statistics.

If you're looking for safety, I always suggest slightly outside of population centers with a property with a well. For that, I would look to El Mirage to the west of Adelanto, or areas of Apple Valley in the county portion, such as Fairview Valley.

You can always call me at 760 887 2284 if you wish to discuss things in more detail. I've been a resident of the Victor Valley since 1978.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Jun 4, 2012