Crime & Safety in Phoenix>Question Details

Kelley, Home Buyer in San Jose, CA

Relocating to Phoenix from California. Interested in buying a home or renting short-term. Looking for suggestions on where to start.

Asked by Kelley, San Jose, CA Tue Jan 10, 2012

Answers

12
Thank you all for your quick responses. You have definitely given me a lot to think about. My husband & I took some time to discuss all of the considerations and have narrowed our search down to a couple of areas. For now, I will be in a short-term rental for approximately 2-3 months. During that time, I plan on contacting some of you so that I can select an agent.

Thank you again for all of the advice. I'll be in touch!

Kelley :)
Start with a competent real estate agent. They will be able to help you on your journey. I'd be happy to help. Give me a call.

Susan Lehmkuhl
Associate Broker
The KUHL Team
Buy and Sell Smart Realty
623-256-7270
Susan@PhoenixRealEstateSource.com
http://www.PhoenixRealEstateSource.com
Hi Kelley,

The first place to start is with your housing needs and the type of housing you would prefer- number of bedrooms, bathrooms, 2 or 1 storey, etc. Write all this down.

The second place to start is with your price range. If you don't have a lender, and your relocation is a corporate one, check with your relocation director in your new company as they may have preferred lenders for you to use. If they don't, I can suggest Scott Fenner at Amerifirst (602-647-2555) who is ethical, very experienced, and has great products.

Thirdly, think about the type of neighborhood you'd like and the length of commute you will consider (in minutes, not miles!) Do you like the downtown urban high-rise lifestyle, a suburban subdivision, horse property on the edge of town, or something else?

Once you have this information, please contact me (I'm an experienced and qualified Relocation agent) or an agent your company directs you to, to set up what is termed a "familiarization tour." This is normally a 2-4 hour tour of a variety of neighborhoods that meet your initial criteria, including price. Often during this tour, my clients' criteria change as they adjust to differences between their old and new locations. At the end of this tour, we typically set up a subsequent appointment after tweaking your criteria and expectations.

Many relocating clients prefer to rent when they first come to a new town or city. I can help you with that and make sure you are not stuck indefinitely in a lease when you may prefer to buy within six months. Buying is often cheaper than renting here just now but you don't want to buy in the wrong area just to make a quick decision.

I look forward to hearing from you: 480-789-9584 (cell/text) or email me at ann.griffin@pruaz.com

Ann Griffin REALTOR
Prudential Arizona Properties
Hi Kelley:

Looks like the other Realtors have given you a lot of good valuable information. I've got a couple nice homes in Scottsdale that the Owner would be willing to rent, short term, without charging you a premium for a short term, seasonal rental........Just an FYI, if you're planning on renting soon, prices are about double what they are after June......Feel free to give me a shout if I can help........602-574-1111 or neilbrooks@cox.net.

Kelly,

Here is a link for you to search the area for homes in the MLS like Realtors do:
http://link.flexmls.com/ua70wacvime,12

This will help you to get to know the market better. The next thing will be to decide whether you will buy and move into that home, or rent first. If you decide to rent first you will want to sign a lease that has a "home purchase clause" in it or rent month to month. A home purchase clause will allow you to break your lease once you find the home with proper notice. Sometimes the do require a fee to break the lease.

You will also want to establish a relationship with a Realtor that will help you through the entire process. If you have any questions or want our help please don't hesitate to contact us! We would love to assist you.

Brenda

Ron & Brenda Cunningham
West USA Realty
602-980-3133
***** Recognized in the Phoenix Business Journal as "One of the Top 50 Realtors in the Valley" *****
Kelley,

There are great areas that I would recommend that my CA clients really like. Feel free to contact me direct for some areas that you may want to consider.

Here are some that you could start researching, Anthem, North Peoria and North Glendale. That is a few of thier favorites. Scottsdale is also a great area to consider, price range is higher there however it is a great area. I could forward some relocation information for you if you are interested.

Lucinda Tkach
phoenixrealtorservice@gmail.com
602-799-6846
Hi Kelley,

The availability of housing in excellent communities all within reasonable driving distance is what differentiates Phoenix from California. I relocated here from California and like you had the same questions.

I can direct you to my website where you can register to receive all of the MLS listings (the same information licensed real estate professionals receive); however, I believe in providing specialized reports to my clients. I would like the opportunity to speak with you and seek additional information such as: as: place of employment, cities where friends or family my reside; personal interests/hobbies; theater, sports functions; dining;etc.

I have included my contact information below and welcome the opportunity to speak with you. Welcome to Phoenix - I know you will love it here.

Milly Casas

Milly Sells AZ

Phone: 480-466-0264

e-mail: milly@millycasas.com
website: millysellsaz.com
Please see our website http://www.azgrouprealty.com you will have access to the same search database all us Agents use. There is no obligation, just use it for free. You can search visually with a Phoenix map and you can draw a circle or a square in the area you want and it will show all inventory. Once you find possibilities you can save them until you find something you like. If you need help, just call me.
George
480 330 3465
As Group Realty
Hi Kelley,

Since you will be new to the area, renting is always a good initial option so you can get familiar with the area. Renting usually only requires a short commitment of typically one year. Therefore you are not stuck in an area you don't like for too long.

Right now prices for homes are still low and prices will probably never be any better for buying. The number of foreclosures in Arizona are way down and all indicators point to prices starting to go up in the Phoenix area. I don't think we will see any immediate big increases in prices, but by the end of the year prices will likely be higher than they are now.

I work with both buyers and tenants. If you rent one of our homes and then buy a home through us, I will pay your lease break fee. That gives you the opportunity to rent for a while and start looking at homes to purchase with out having to worry about being tied into a lease. Feel free to contact me for more information.

Best of luck in finding a new home.
Well to answer your question properly I would need to know more about want you need in housing. Do you want to be close to work? Are school important? What do you like to do?
Right know is a great time to take advantage of our low hosing prices. I have a website that detail the different communities as well as viable home search tool to help you find the right home in the right city. Please visit us at nateshomes.com I have helped over 5000 families buy or sell a home here in the Valley of the Sun for over a quarter of a century. Let my experience work for you.
Web Reference: http://nateshomes.com
I have lived and worked in the Phoenix area for the past 15 years. For the last 8 I have helped many people buy and sell homes in the metropolitan area.

The Phoenix market is starting to rebound but now is still a great time to buy for nearly what you could rent a home for.

One of the best things you could do is contact a real estate professional and talk with them about your options, evaluate your needs and see where you are in the process.

I would be happy to chat with you. Though I would certainly appreciate the business, I recommend speaking to a few of us and see who you feel the most comfortable with.

Check out my website http://www.phoenixlistingstoyou.com and get an idea of what is out there. Good luck in finding your new home!
If you are buying for a home, I would suggest contacting a real estate professional in the Phoenix area. For renting, you can start looking at apartment communities in the area.

Are you relocating for work? If so, I would suggest contacting your hiring company, which can also offer some support.

Let me know if you have any questions or would like me to connect you with a real estate professional in that area.
Web Reference: http://www.AdrianChu.net