Crime & Safety in Vallejo>Question Details

Terri, Home Buyer in San Francisco, CA

Planning to rent a house in Glen Cove. Is it safe?

Asked by Terri, San Francisco, CA Sun Jun 24, 2012

I'm currently renting and am moving from Pacifica to Glen Cove because of a job location change. A friend who lives in Benicia has warned me off from living in Vallejo however we find some of the rental homes near the Glen Cove Marina to be perfect for our needs. Obviously I will do my own research, but also wanted to ask here: should I be concerned about crime or safety issues?

Answers

4
I own a home in Glen Cove for rental, and lived there 15 years. The area is affordable and has a lot to offer. Like many others suggest, do your research though, including visits during different hours of the day and night so that you're comfortable.
I grew up in Vallejo and currently live Benicia. I find that many in Benicia have an elitist attitude when it comes to Vallejo and it clouds their judgement. We moved to Benicia for the schools (that is a consideration). Now that the kids are nearly out of of school, we are considering taking advantage of the housing prices and moving back to Vallejo. There are several areas that I would not live (The Crest, South Vallejo near Grant/Lemon St), but Glen Cove, and many other areas of Vallejo are fine. I would/will live there.
Thanks for answering :)
Flag Wed Jul 4, 2012
Yes. It is very safe living at Glen Cove. I've been a Glen Cove resident for 23 years.
Hi Terri,
Great question! I personally live in Benicia, and I understand the feelings that some people there have about the neighboring city of Vallejo. However I work primarily in Vallejo and so long as you thoroughly research the area, check out the area during the day and night you should be able to get a sense of what the area is like. I have recently sold a couple home in the Glen Cove Marina area, and all my buyers seem to be happy with the location. Good luck!