Crime & Safety in 92056>Question Details

Ch, Other/Just Looking in Carlsbad, CA

Oceanside Crime Rate in Rancho del Oro: 92056

Asked by Ch, Carlsbad, CA Thu Jun 28, 2007

Trying to decide whether to rent in Rancho del Oro: What's the crime rate like in Oceanside in RDO between El Camino Real and Rancho del Oro Pkwy, just N. of the 78?

Automated Regional Justice Information System is a very good source for Oceanside and San Diego County Crime Statistics:

Hope this helps!!
Web Reference:
You can go to my website and preview my crimemapping'll find it on the left side of my home page under local area information
Go to and find the stats page. You can actually search the actual mls through the site.
The area you describe has quite a mix of housing include new KHovnanian townhomes, tract homes, a senior community, and a golf course community. As with any area, there is usually more activity nearer busy streets.

Here's a summary from the start of July 2007 until mid August of all kinds of crime activity, including traffic related incidents. This is from a website that compiles all the police data throughout San Diego County and is a great source of information that I use for my buyers when they are considering a specific home since you can search by street addresses also. I uploaded the map for your area of interest to one of my websites: http://FileLibrary.MYAASite.Com/Content/12/12509/23986963.pdf

This may fall in to the category of "too much information" for some people, but I think if you compare this area to others in Oceanside, you will find there are fewer incidents of crime that causes a concern.

You may also want to consider the Villages of Rancho Del Oro for renting. Geographically, this is between Oceanside Blvd and Hwy 76 a few blocks east and west of College Blvd.
As an agent we are often the "source of the source" when there is information requires interpretation.

With that said I would recommend that you speak with the police department there. Also there are many useful tools online. I found this one that is specific to that area:

Please note that I do not endorse any of these services but only recommend that you include them in your research.

Web Reference: