Jennifer Mar…, Home Buyer in Massapequa Park, NY

NorthWest San Antonio crime and safety review..... tell me about your experience, please?!

Asked by Jennifer Martinez, Massapequa Park, NY Tue Apr 1, 2014

My research has led me to understand that the nw portion of San Antonio is the safest area to head to.... if looking to be in San Antonio that is... I also see, though, that even in the NorthWest it's pretty hit or miss regarding whether the neighborhoods are considered "safe" or not. Any suggestions anyone might have about where to avoid and where to consider would be great. We're searching within 78245, 78254, 78250, 78251, 78249, 78023, and 78258.... all around there. Thanks.

Answers

4
"Safe" is always such a subjective term, and is certainly a moving target. Wealthy people make good targets for criminals too. My suggestion would be to base your search around the highest rated schools in the city. You'll find that you enjoy the lifestyle of those areas quite a bit. The infrastructure is usually more stable surrounding the school. Elementary is too spotty, so I would focus on the middle and high schools with 8+ ratings.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Jun 12, 2014
I agree with all of the responses provided, but I would also suggest driving through neighborhoods, contacting the police department, and you can also check online crime tracking websites if this is your concern.
Hi Jennifer,

This is great that you are looking in San Antonio. San Antonio is booming in the northwest side, you have all the luxury amenities around no matter the price range.

San Antonio is why I like to call a spotted market. However, as far as desirablilty The northwest side of town is where the flock is headed as opposed to East, South (unless your into the oil industry) West (military) Northwest inside the loop you have prices as low as 200k but can go up to over 1M. Central is where you have the high rise luxury Condo's NYC style of living or purchase a victorian home as low as 645K and up. but very spotted.

On the list of zips these are great/safe areas dependence on the neighborhood. When working with a REALTOR they will help you with more desirable areas if its your preference and of course in Budget.

If you would like my assist to these please feel free to contact me.

Cheers,

VICTOR M. ESPINOZA
Realtor-ALHS
P. 210.870.0200
Keller Williams Legacy
V&E Home Specialists Int'l
http://WWW.VICTOR-ESPINOZA.COM
ESPECIALISTAS EN BIENES RAICES INTERNACIONALES
"San Antonio's Real Estate Agent..."
78023,78230,78232,78209best but expensive. i live in 78023 and will sell to you 5-3 1/2 for 230,000 direct-
sgtnutman6@yahoo.com
ps
living in house and no hurry to move could sell and lease back 5-3 1/2/2 3323sf built 2006
steve