Crime & Safety in 20720>Question Details

Therese51, Other/Just Looking in 20720

My son is interested in a condo property at The Vistas at Lake Arbor, in Bowie. My concern as a parent is the security/crime history of that developme

Asked by Therese51, 20720 Sat Jan 22, 2011

Don't really understand what you mean by odts, so I will say that I live far away, and cannot be there to advise him. The price and the condition of the place seem compatible with the times, but again I know nothing of this area and what the assessment prices are at present compared with other communities around. Is there anything else that we should know that is not evident on the surface?

Answers

6
Hello Therese51,

If you son is looking to purchase in the vistas I would suggest, if possible, to talk to some people who live there & may be even attend a community meeting to get a sense of the neighborhood. If he does not live in the immediate area. As a realtor I would suggest seeing the community at different times in the day i.e. what is like in the morning with traffic, how is it in the evening and so on. I suggest you can check various sites for crime stats. I add the link below to PG 2010 crime stats for your review and to look at from the various districts.

Best of luck,
As licensed realtors it is against our code of ethics to comment on this type of inquiry. I would recommend going on line and research the neighborhood statistics. My business website contains a lot of information regarding communities in Prince Georges County. Feel free to visit me at http://www.donnanorris.com If you or your son are interested in more information my direct email is donna.norris@longandfoster.com
Web Reference: http://www.donnanorris.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun Jan 23, 2011
Hi Therese!

As a Realtor, I am unable to provide you with that type of information on any neighborhood. I always tell my buyers to contact the local police department and inquire about that crime stats for that particular area. I also suggest that your son drive through the neighborhood at various times of the day to assess the neighborhood. Additionally, he should ask any resident he sees while driving through. They are usually very helpful and truthful. Afterall, they have nothing to loose.

If he is interested in seeing the comps for this neighborhood, I'd be happy to pull them for him. I hope this information is helpful. Should you or your son have any further questions regarding this neighborhood or any other, I'd be more than happy to help! Feel free to give me a call or send me an e-mail!

Rochelle Johnson
Coldwell Banker Residential Brokerage
410-224-2200 (office)
301-646-9888 (cell)
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Jan 22, 2011
Dear Therese51
As REALTORS we can't comment on areas. I suggest to clients what I did myself as a homebuyer. Drive the area, visit local shopping malls and stores, do a google crime report, call the local police station and ask the neighbors out walking dogs, or strolling along.

As far as market conditions, you can tour the statistics at http://www.findhousesinmd.com/pg-county-stats.asp
I can narrow down the stats further to compare zip code to zip code if you'd like. Feel free to contact me for those narrowed results. If you're not already working with an Agent, I would be honored to assist with finding your son a home. I use to live in the area and know it very well.

Ariana Loucas
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Jan 22, 2011
Hi Theresa, please email me and I would be happy to send you comps for the developement . We can also discuss your sons plans more in depth.
That's a difficult question to answer. I think security is always a concern in a major metropolitan area like DC. That being said, Lake Arbor is a lovely planned community with quite a bit of upscale housing. I would encourage you to check with the local police department if you need particular statistics. I live pretty close to Lake Arbor and really enjoy the convenience and amenities of the area. Email me if you have more questions.

Kathleen Lutrell

kathleenlutrell@remax.net