Crime & Safety in Harrison>Question Details

Nwhite21, Other/Just Looking in Harrison, AR

My Family & I are moving down to Arkansas in March 2010 and we are looking into Harrison because they have a JCPenny there where I could transfer

Asked by Nwhite21, Harrison, AR Wed Sep 16, 2009

too. We currently reside in Iowa. We have a 3 year old so was wondering if that area is a good place to raise a child, and if it is easy to get a job. My boyfriend has a degree in the computer field, such as IT Networking and Computer Science...any advice? Dimaond City AR, Harrison AR, or Lead HIll,AR?

Answers

3
**Harrison is a great place to live. We are just minutes from Branson. We have 2 of the top ten schools listed in Forbes last month. Housing is very affordable. Recreation is everywhere. You can hike, bike, canoe, swim, golf, fish, shop all within 30minutes of Harrison. Who could ask for anything more??? I can help you find a home and get you connected with a loan officer. If your looking for a REALTOR who is interested in seeing your dreams happen then I am your REALTOR. Click on the attached link for all the area listings. Don't miss out on this beautiful place to live.
Web Reference: http://www.tommieedgar.com
Harrison, Arkansas is a great place to raise a child! The FEDEX home office is here and rumor has it that they are hiring, so this might be a place for your boyfriend to start. There's a small JC Penney store, but you might be happy at the Walmart Supercenter. Branson, Missouri is only 30 miles north on good 4-lane highway providing interesting employment options in retail as well as the entertainment and service industries. Go to cityscapesrealty.com then scroll down & click on the red box to see an informational video about Harrison. Although Diamond City/Lead HIll are near the lake, there's little employment opportunity there.
I'm not sure about Harrison--a very small town. You might also look into Fayetteville and NW Arkansas. There's a JC Penney at the mall there, and there are many more opportunities for your boyfriend to get a job. Walmart home office is just up the road (about 20 minutes) in Bentonville, Tyson Foods is in Springdale (right next door to Fayetteville) and JB Hunt Trucking is in Lowell (between Springdale and Rogers). Plus a lot of other companies associated with those big ones also need people.

For whatever it's worth, NW Arkansas has a lot more cultural diversity because of the large employers drawing people from all over to work here and because of the University of Arkansas in Fayetteville. In small rural towns in Arkansas like Harrison, that may not be the case. The crime rate in NW Arkansas is also low.

NW Arkansas is on all kinds of quality of life, Best Places to Live lists. Our family moved here about 16 years ago when my son was 7. We have not regretted it.
Web Reference: http://www.JudyLuna.com