Crime & Safety in Sacramento>Question Details

Elisonlytwo, Renter in Hagerstown, MD

Moving to Sacramento

Asked by Elisonlytwo, Hagerstown, MD Thu Oct 4, 2012

I'm hoping to move to sacramento next year. My budget will be around $81,000. I just want a safe place for my family. What is it like in Sacramento?

Answers

10
Unfortunately "the sites" are frequently inaccurate and not up to date. Some sites have information that is months out of date and the properties listed have been sold and closed for 6 months. Other homes are in some stage of foreclosure and are not actually available to purchase or if they are available they are going to require cash purchases.
Jiim gave you the actual numbers.152 properties with most being condominiums. So the question is what are you looking for?Condition? What type of financing are you looking at? There may be that one property out there for you, but it will be a tough very competative process.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Oct 5, 2012
Take a VIDEO tour of El Dorado Hills, Cameron Park, and Shingle Springs, California in the Sierra Foothills just to the west of Sacramento!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nv9_39dTggU
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Oct 14, 2012
You can search metrolist through the link: jimwalker.metrolistpro.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Oct 6, 2012
Jim Walker, Real Estate Pro in Carmichael, CA
Thank you. I'll check the sites before I decide if i'm going to come out. I may just stay on the East Coast.
FHA, good condition, single family, around $81,000. If it is on the market today, it is sold
by end of day. Next year the market may be different, but today I would not invest in a ticket to fly to Sacramento to find what you are looking for. I know agents who have written over a dozen contracts for clients looking for what you are describing. If you are looking for an accurate site, go to
realtor.com, or to an agents site that is updated daily. If you find something of interest go ahead and contact the listing agent. Lead w/the questions 1) is it still available 2) will it go FHA. If you get 2 yes's you're in luck! But remember your research will be fuzzy if your actual search to purchase timeframe is months from now. I wish I could go back 3 or 4 months with my buyers as it would be a much prettier picture.
Can someone point me in the direction of these listing so I can see what's out there?
Well, when I was approved last year it was FHA. I'd like a single family but a town house would be ok. I'd like it to be move in ready because it'll just be me and my sister and a bunch of kids. I don't mind painting and minor fixes but nothing major like roof damage or something for which I'd need to call a professional. Just a normal house. Nothing fancy at all.
I've been to the sites and actually have seen a lot in my price range. I'm just worried about the neighborhoods. I'm planning a visit in February but I'd rather not spend the money if I'm not going to find anything.
Sacramento County, including the city, has 1866 residential listings active as of Oct 4 2012. Only 152 are priced $81,000 or less. Most of these are condominium units.

Your price range makes up roughly 8% of the available inventory. The bottom is a busy place.
In today's market $81,000 is tough to find; hard to guess where we will be next year.
If we do not see an increase in our inventory prices are rising and will probably
continue to do so.