Crime & Safety in El Monte>Question Details

Reham Behiri, Home Buyer in 91732

Is this city concidered safe?

Asked by Reham Behiri, 91732 Sat Oct 5, 2013

Answers

4
As with all questions related to crime and safety, I recommend doing your own diligence...

Try using this website for statistical, fact based crime information:

http://www.crimemapping.com
2 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Oct 5, 2013
The best way to answer your question is to contact local law enforcement... they can give you the information in detail, they work the streets everyday and can give you an honest answer.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Aug 12, 2014
Hi Reham Behiri,
Yes,there are certain neighborhoods and locations in El Monte that I recommend to clients, higher than other areas. North El Monte for example. Every home and specific location is of course case-by-case. I will be happy to learn what you are looking for in buying a home and discuss the specifics with you.

Sincerely
Ron Takeuchi
cell #: 626-808-8430
email: ron@mytownsquare.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun Oct 6, 2013
South of the Klingerman Apartments but north on Peck Road and Durfee is safer because you have a lot more commercial areas. This is an area at the South El Monte border. Legg Lake is nearby, as are many stores. El Monte is missing a Ralphs, Vons, Albertson's, Whole Foods, Trader Joes's, Sprouts. The only kind of food stores it has are 99 Only, Staples, mom and pop type stores or the ones I avoid going into such as Food for Less, Superior, CVS or liquor stores. This city is changing from what it was before thanks to to the remodels or rebuilds, which increases overall property values.
Flag Mon Oct 13, 2014
This website has the crime statistics for El Monte. Every city has good and not so good areas. Do your homework online and talk to people who live in El Monte.

http://www.city-data.com/crime/crime-El-Monte-California.html

Best of luck,

Alex Montelongo/Broker
Coldwell Banker Star Realty
562-810-7387 Cell
BRE Lic #01456982