As Realtors we are nto allowed to steer anyone toward or away from a particular neighborhood. As part of our code of ethics it si illegal for us to do that. I always get asked this question from buyers. A couple fo suggestions I recommend to every buyer is to go to the Charlotte Police Department page and type in the address and/or the neighborhood. You can get the crime statiistics from there.
This should give you some good unbiased information of the neighborhood.
Another avenue I recommend is to drive through the neighborhood and stop and talk to a neighbor you see outside. They do nto have nay vested interest in whether you buy or do not buy a aprticular house. They will generally give you an honest answer as to the neighborhood and what it is like to live in there.
I hope this hleps you out and wish I could provide you with more information....
Coldwell Banker United
Realtors walk the line on questions about safety. I am not sure if there is a "safe" place in this world. Absolute safety exists in our minds. However, there are crime patterns and events that can be tracked. Here are some of my suggestions:
1. Call the police department and ask for the contact information for the neighborhood police liaison officer for Coulwood West or for any neighborhood that you are considering. Then ask for the crime map and statistics for the last 2 years.
2. Put this address into google with the word "crime". Put the neighborhood into google with the word "crime". If a violent crime has occurred, google may have a record of it.
3. Go to the sex offender registry for NC to see what pulls up in the area.
4. Finally, you should walk and drive the neighborhood and talk to the homeowners. Find out how many houses are owned and how many are rented.
5. Get your favorite real estate agent to help you figure out what is best for your needs.
Wishing you success,
Robin Faison, broker
Keller Williams Realty