Crime & Safety in Temecula>Question Details

Moll143chevy, Home Buyer in Menifee, CA

Is this a safe neighboorhood? Is this area nice and upkept by the home owners?

Asked by Moll143chevy, Menifee, CA Tue Oct 2, 2012

This question was asked from http://www.trulia.com/property/14734067-46217-Toy-Ct-Temecul…

Answers

6
Hello. It looks like there have been a lot of thoughts regarding crime in the Temecula Menifee area. I agree with the comments below. I do want to take a moment to talk about this particular area of Temecula.

In my opinion, this neighborhood is probably one of the safest areas in Temecula. The property is next to Great Oak High School and Birdsall Park, which on any given day has a very high saturation of parents and children at both locations for sports and school. Pechanga Casino is also across the street. This means there is constant police presence and surveillance watching the school, park and the casino. The community also has hired a security guard to patrol the neighborhood at night. I recently sold a nearby, and it was remarkable how much interest that property generated.

Another promising fact about this neighborhood is that there is 92% owner occupancy. The owners of the homes have pride of ownership because the majority of homeowners live in the properties they own. 29% of the homeowners in the community are employed in the protective services industry. So there are actual homeowners that live and maintain their properties, and there are nearly a third of the people in the community employed in protective services. Needless to say, this property neighborhood is safe!

Temecula in general is a very safe city. The homes in the neighborhood are mostly new, and the 15 freeway is very near by to drive to San Diego County within 10 minutes, and Los Angeles within an hour.

Feel free to call me with any other questions you may have. I have an office in Menifee and Murrieta, and will gladly meet with you at either office to discuss the ins and outs of home buying in the local cities.

Have a terrific week,

Michael Davis Jr.
Broker Associate
License #01804842
First of all, no city is completely 100% safe and you always have to be on your guard. With that said, as already stated before me, there's areas in Menifee and Temecula that offer GREAT places to live.

But don't just take it from me, Ray the Realtor. I spent several years as a Deputy Sheriff in Fontana, Rialto, Bloomington, & Rancho Cucamonga & then more as a Police Officer in Pomona. When it comes to gangs and crime, I've seen it all. When I take buyers out to show homes, the things I look for that many don't notice are the telltale signs of crime. Many times, when buying a home, the excitement can block your view of things that I notice right away. And I use my particular set of skills, education, expertise and experience to help my clients find the right place to live.

Take a drive around at different times of the day and night and on weekends, especially Friday and Saturday nights. Go to the police station and ask to speak with the officer that handles that beat during swing shift. He or she can give you far more insight than anyone else here.

Also, take a look at the following website for more detailed info on crime in this and any other area you may be interested in:

https://www.crimereports.com/

Ray Wright
Realtor - PSC - SSIC
951-354-1303
RayWright@kw.com
When it comes to any safety/crime related issues, it's always best to contact the local police department with all your questions, hear all there is to hear firsthand. If unfamiliar with the area(s) do revisit more than once and at different times of day, possibly chat with locals/neighbors. Real estate professionals are prohibited from steering, enticing a buyer to purchase/rent, or not, in specific neighborhoods.
http://www.neighborhoodscout.com/
https://www.crimereports.com/
http://www.homefair.com/
Hi Mollie,
The last time I vouched for a good neighborhood, 3 days later there was police activity on the street while showing the property. So I wont hex the street.
I usually suggest that a client check out a few things.
1. check out crimereports.com.
2. check out the neighborhood a few times especially on a Saturday when many are home.
3. meet neighbors and as about the good the bad and the ugly. Usually after asking a few you will have a good idea.
4. asking a local officer may not be a bad idea either the problem is if you can find an officer they are usually there for a reason.
5. as for being upkept,.... take a cruise through it you can usually tell.

Harold Sharpe - Broker
So Cal Homes
(951) 821-8211
harold@temeculacaliforniahomes.net
http://www.temeculacaliforniahomes.net
California Department of Real Estate Broker License # 01312992
Toy Ct is one of the nicest neighborhoods, plus it's in that pocket of Temecula that everyone wants to live in.

I always tell my buyers to drive the neighborhood on a Friday or Saturday night so they can really see who is loud, who is the party house, who has teenagers etc.

This home is an REO. If you want to see the inside and more like them, I will be showing homes in Temecula this weekend, I'd love to let you see some with me. Although my profile says San Diego, I service San Diego, Imperial and Riverside Counties.

Valli Lopez
CA DRE #01810641
619.916.9595 cell
Valli@thebrikhogroup.com
Very safe,family oriented neighborhood. There is Homeowner's Association making sure that the owners are taking care of the houses.