Crime & Safety in 15221>Question Details

Sweetpea, Renter in 15221

Is this a safe crime free street?

Asked by Sweetpea, 15221 Fri Jul 8, 2011

You may visit . Also you may talk to the police station.
Yes, I have lived here 10+ years and the Churchill boro police do an excellent job monitoring this street and the boro. We are a community that watches each others backs. I have never heard of any crimes on my street or in the boro. It is a safe neighborhood to walk, jog, bike, anytime of the day. It is truly the best neighborhood to live in with easy access to both downtown and the outer suburbs.
No. There is a drug dealer who lives down the street. Someone broke into my house and stole a dvd player and my car was broken into once. I used to live at 2180 Vantine. It is a very quite street off the beaten path its just going down alot of the homes are in disrepair and those that aren't are abandon. The tennis court at the end of the street is abandoned and overrun with weeds. I could go on and on about the troubles in Wilkinsburg but, you can find that out for yourself. The $15,000 list price for this house isn't bad. It sure beats the $49,900 I was suckered into paying. Well, I was a first time homebuyer I will certainly be better prepared in the future. And one more thing I hope they removed the raccoons in the basement. If not offer a lower price.
You won't get agents to answer this question because they can't. But they can refer you to the local police department like the other agent said. There are sites like as well. Put in the address and see what comes out...

The other thing you can do, is just visit the area at different times of the day. You can judge for yourself.
Check the crime statics on-line or call the local police department for the particular street. By the you zip code (15221) it looks like your in Wilkinsburg although that zip code covers some other arear (Forest Hills,parts of Churchill) as well.