Babies22, Home Buyer in

Is the Tompkins Circle a good place to raise young children and school P.S 16 Annex

Asked by Babies22, Wed Dec 26, 2007

Answers

5
Liz36’s answer
First of all, buying property is NOT a constitutional right. The word is "property," not prosperity. You might want to finish law school before you comment on constitutional law. Not being discriminated against in your purchase of property (due to your nationality (for example) in your purchase of property IS a constitutional right. But, no one has a right to buy or own property. There is a difference. Tompkins Circle is filled with professionals-- doctors, lawyers (myself) included. Because the schools (like most areas) are made up of much larger areas, including all the way down to the ferry, it is true that not all of the schools are great. I would say you are fine until you get to High School, and then you might want to consider private school. However, the area on the hill is indeed quite gentrified.
Additioanlly you can goto nyc.gov, or on my website Staten Island Community Reports
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Dec 29, 2007
By law, Realtors are not permitted to comment on neighborhoods or on schools. We are supposed to be the source of the source. I direct you to my website where you can click on school information http://GailGladstone.com or any other school report site.
Web Reference: http://gailgladstone.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Dec 26, 2007
Tompkins Circle is getting better but still can be a bit rough. There is a large capital development project being undertaken by the city to crate a large mixed use development at the former home port. News of the city's investment has brought significant investment in the area from private developers to create new housing. All this has fueled quite a gentrification of the area. However, there still can be issues in the area.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Dec 26, 2007
Give me a call at (718) 698-2179 at Prosperity Real Estate Group, We are on Richmond ave as well, I can help you answer any questions you may have, this is not commitment to come with us. YOu can come and inquire about this even if you are already working with someone. Buying a properity is a constitutional right, and we are here to make sure you are not provided with erroneous information.

My Name is Caesar Galindo Office manager, and Law Student at CUNY Law School.