Crime & Safety in 87104>Question Details

Voices Member,  in

Is the Old Town area, zip 87104 a safe area to rent?

Asked by Voices Member, Sun Sep 9, 2012

Answers

4
A good friend of mine has 3 jewelry stores there and he has not had any crime problems and has been there 25 years. Max Sklower email: realtyperson@gmail.com.
Crime is pretty evenly distributed across Albuquerque. Check out crimemapping.com. You can get a daily report for an address and surrounding areas
Hi Vanessa,

It's best to obtain this type of information from proper sources, such as crime stats from the local police department. You can compare them to other areas in Albuquerque and determine for yourself if the information provided satisfies your concerns.

If you get curious about buying, contact me. I'd be happy to help.

Kindly,

Leigh-Jo
Syan Real Estate
Call/Text: (505) 730-8181
Web Reference: http://www.Syan.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Sep 9, 2012
Thank you. I actually am interested in buying and have been for a while. However, I do not think that I qualify to buy a house since I am a graduate student that works maximum 12 hours a week.
Flag Mon Sep 10, 2012
In my opinion, there are no specific areas (zip codes) that are unsafe. Old Town is as safe as La Cueva district, or Ventana Ranch. Live your life, and be vigilant. Don't make yourself a target, and you'll be fine. Enjoy Albuquerque, and you will be happy. It is a fantastic place to live and work.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Sep 9, 2012
Thank you! You are right. I haven't had any problems where I have lived up until now. But yet again, I have never lived alone.
Flag Sun Sep 9, 2012