Crime & Safety in Lakewood>Question Details

mariaromero64, Home Buyer in Cerritos, CA

Is it safe to live in this area?

Asked by mariaromero64, Cerritos, CA Fri May 10, 2013

This question was asked from http://www.trulia.com/property/3110919359-11730-209th-St-Lak…

Answers

5
Steve Parsons’ answer
Different states have different rules when it comes to disclosing crime. My advice would be to contact your local police department and ask for a crime report of the area. It's public information and is usually free of charge.
You can get crime statistics by contacting the Sheriff's Department. I would also suggest driving through whatever neighborhood you're considering at various times of day or night, as well as talking to neighbors about how they like living in a particular area.
The Los Angeles County Sheriff provides police services for Lakewood. You should contact them directly for info on crime!

Kawain Payne, Realtorg
I currently have an active listing in this neighborhood. I have spent a lot of time there in the past few weeks. It seems to be a working class neighborhood. The people that I have encountered have been respectful and courteous. It is my opinion that the neighborhood is mostly composed of Hispanic families.
Here is a website that I googled that shows any recent activity in the area. http://www.mylocalcrime.com

I hope that this helps. feel free to call me directly if you should have more questions.

Alex Montelongo/Broker
Coldwell Banker Star Realty
562-810-7387 Cell
DRE Lic#01456982
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Sep 1, 2013
Very safe. Lived there for 7 years and no crime. It reminds you of a May bury town from Andy Griffith show.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Sep 1, 2013