Gigi, Other/Just Looking in Palo Alto, CA

Is it correct that Latham St. in Mountain View between San Antonio and and Regnstorff is not safe? If so, do

Asked by Gigi, Palo Alto, CA Thu Nov 1, 2007

you know why?

I lived in Mountain View just up Rengstorff across Central Expressway - we'd go to Latham Street often because that is where the originial Tony & Alba's pizza is on Escuela. The neighborhood is mostly lower income apartments and very dense configuration of the apartments. Does low income equal "not safe" - I would not make that correlation. It's not the prettiest neighborhood in Mountain View - but alas - neither was the one we lived in either and we had no issues to complain about there. In the news today is my current idyllic neighborhood in Campbell where a person was just shot last night - go figure!
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Nov 2, 2007
Mario Pinedo,…, Real Estate Pro in Cupertino, CA
Try this link… there is also a # to an officer that will give you a free report based upon a certain neighborhood. Hope this helps.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Nov 1, 2007
Back in 1993, someone was murdered at the 7-11 there. It's been carrying the "not safe" stigma ever since.
It is so easy to look for black and white answers. Such as safe or unsafe. I have found that talking to neighbors gives me a great picture of what is going on in a neighborhood.