jburrus04, Home Buyer in New York, NY

Is everyone selling their homes because of the crimes in the community?

Asked by jburrus04, New York, NY Wed Jun 12, 2013

This question was asked from http://www.trulia.com/property/3118591626-82-Vaughn-Ave-New-…

People do leave a neighborhood because of crime but if you heard that from an agent, he or she would or could get into trouble for spreading that kind of information. Find out why people are leaving from the people that are leaving. Knock on their door and ask.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Jun 12, 2013
Keep in mind that people move for a variety of reasons such as upsizing/downsizing, closer to employment/family, financial, etc. If you have any crime concerns, contact the local police department...
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Jun 12, 2013
Nobody can answer that properly for you as there are various reasons why people sell homes. Unless an agent personally know every seller in the area of course.

1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Jun 12, 2013
Are you at all familiar with New Rochelle? Your question implies that it's a given that New Rochelle is a high crime city with a citizenry that is fleeing in droves. This is not the case. ("Everyone" is not "selling their homes".) All you have to do is a little research on line. Here's one link that you might find helpful:
There are many other sites online that also confirm the safety of New Rochelle. I'm a transplant from NY, NY, and have lived in New Rochelle for over 20 years. Of course, every neighborhood has a different feel but overall it's pretty safe. At any rate, I'm glad I moved here.