J.P., Home Buyer in Tampa, FL

Is crime an issue in San Anselmo?

Asked by J.P., Tampa, FL Mon Apr 23, 2007

How safe is it or does it feel to walk around? And, is this the case across the city, or are there differences in different areas?

Answers

5
I would say overall crime is not an issue in San Anselmo. Violent crime is somewhat non-existent. The answer from Kim touches on the few "crimes" we see here. I believe this site to be a great REAL ESTATE tool, and not a parenting review column.

There is literally not a single street I have been on in San Anselmo where I have felt unsafe.

I have seen crimes of immaturity. The only time I have been victimized, some one lipsticked my car while parked on the street. I am not sure how old they were though.
Web Reference: http://HughesEstates.com
Sadly,

most parents don't 'parent' in Marin and the majority of the crime is by affluent white kids who think driving through San Anselmo, Sleepy Hollow... and taking plastic baseball bats to destroy cars/mailboxes... is fun. I'm really sick of it.
Crime is not an issue in San Anselmo, or even in Marin in general. There are two areas in the County that I consider sketchy. I have lived here my entire life and they were sketchy when I was a kid: The Canal and Marin City. Everywhere else is fine.
Web Reference: http://www.KelleyEling.com
According to statistics, the crime rate in San Anselmo is lower than the national averages(see web reference). The Ross Valley Reporter newspaper formerly carried a feature on the types of emergency activity in the area. Pleople seem to be comfortable walking the street pretty much everywhere.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Oct 27, 2007
San Anselm has a low crime rate & is definately a strolling city. Most areas feel very safe.