Halley S., Home Buyer in New York, NY

Is crime an issue in Pembroke Pines?

Asked by Halley S., New York, NY Mon Apr 23, 2007

How safe is it or does it feel to walk around? And, is this the case across the city, or are there differences in different areas?

Answers

14
Ive lived in Pembroke Pines for 15 years and I can say in my neighborhood I feel safe. Our neighbors are great and we all look out for each other and keep our eyes and ears tuned. Thats the best you can ask for. When your neighbors go out of their way to bring in your trash cans, pick up your papers, and hold your mail for you because they know your away on vacation and their looking out for you thats what its all about. You could live in a million dollor community and if a criminal wants to go there to rob you then they'll do it. The best thing you need to do being that Pembroke Pines is a large area with many sub divisions, is call the Pembroke Pines Police and ask them the crime rate in the area you are inquiring about. They have the public information of whats happened in the area. As far as feeling safe and walking, thats really all you see in the area is people walking, jogging, riding bike, etc. I get healthy just watching everyone else stay healthy!
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Aug 10, 2010
Any area in South Florida is prone to crime. Pembroke Pines sits in the south west corner of Broward county, just above the very crime ridden area of northwest Miami Dade county. The previous answers are to say the least leaving out this very obvious and pertinent fact. I do not live in PPines. I used to live there and still work in the area. While I will say it is a decent looking area with many nice neighborhoods, I personally would look in the Coral Springs area if I had children. I'm not selling anything and I have no axe to grind with Pines, nor do I live in Coral Springs-I'm in East Ft. Lauderdale. Just giving you an opinion.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Jul 2, 2008
Pembroke Pines is a very safe area
Ive lived here for 5 years and the crime is getting increasing worst. The police department is stretched thin and the call volume is just going up. I've had my tailgate stolen 2009 (suspect was prosecuted, thank you Hollywood and Pines PD), last night my truck broken into and they stole everything except the truck, 3 of my neighbors homes have been broken into, my house and 4 others were vandalized with paintballs in 2010, and the news is reporting more violent crimes. When does it stop? I say hire more police, I'll gladly pay more taxes. Luckily my neighbors are amazing and we keep our eyes open.
Sorry for your troubles. Right now, there are a lot of folks struggling in the United States, and that sometimes leads to robberies and misbehavior.
Flag Sat Jun 23, 2012
Its terrible here. Just today at a park, I had my window on my vehicle smashed and my purse taken. I guess if there are a lot of people here and there is... there are bound to be robberies.... I also have had a lawnmower taken along my with the battery on my RV.
Most of my neighbors have been burglarized but the inside of my house hasnt .... I have 2 dogs and Im home a lot of Im sure I would have nothing inside my house.
Im not exagerrating
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat May 26, 2012
I have lived in Pembroke Pines for over 6 years and have only heard one major news report on violent crime.
I have two children and feel very safe raising my family in Pembroke Pines. I would highly recommend Pembroke Pines to anyone.

Crime exists anywhere you go, to say otherwise would be a cover-up.
However, Pembroke Pines crime statistics low, and far better than the comparable norms for Broward County and Florida State. It all comes down to statistics, and of course all crimes are not equal.

Detailed statistics are available on the internet at the link below.

http://www.cityrating.com/citycrime.asp?city=Pembroke+Pines&…

I hope you will join us in this fine community.
Safe area, more suburban than urban. The little bit of crime we have is property crime, not violent crime. There are some neat areas to walk around including parks, discount centers, shopping centers and golf course communities. Let me know when you come down.
Web Reference: http://www.DennisLondon.com
Moved to P.P. 20 years ago and it was great. In the last 3 years since the real estate bust the area has really fallen apart especially the area from the turnpike to I-75. The crime, vacant businesses, and general appearance of dilapidation are evident. Breaking and entering is becoming a real problem. I will retire in the next year and will definitely make a move. The area mention has had its day. I lived in the 1960s-1970s in the Carol City area and saw the same thing happen there. It never goes back to the way it was.
Go to the following web site and type in a zip code that you are interested in. You can search crime rates by zip code and neighborhood.

http://www.neighborhoodscout.com/

Tammy Hayes, Realtor, Sandals Realty, Punta Gorda, FL
Coral Springs is a wonderful family area and was highly ranked by Money magazine as one of the safest areas to raise a family. Coral Springs just won the Bainbridge Award, has excellent schools, over 40 parks & recreation sites, the Sawgrass Nature Preserve, easy access to the Sawgrass Espressway for commuting, and a top notch Aquatic Center. I personally moved to C. Springs 3.5 years ago and feel it was a great move for my three young sons. They attend the local Broward County schools that we're zoned for: Coral Glades HS and Sawgrass Springs MS. Coral Springs was designed for the residentail homeowner in mind...families first. My last 3 first time homebuyers have all bought in Coral Springs in the last few months, even though they started looking in other cities first. They all said the same thing: they got a good feeling when they were in Coral Springs and felt they got more for their money with excellent schools being a priority. Whether you need good schools or not, being in an area that has them is always good for resale value. I encourage you to check out http://www.browardschools.com then go to the city of Coral Springs website: http://www.coralsprings.org. Our Mayor, Scott Brook, and the local commissioners have open office hours and meet regularly around town to address resident concerns. It's a very "hands on" town and one I think you'd be impressed with. In my own neighborhood of Cypress Run in west Coral Springs, we have over 8 policemen from different municipalities living here, and if they can live anywhere then I would say that's a huge vote of confidence for Coral Springs. Coral Springs is also going to be featured on "Property Virgins" as seen on HGTV. The show is about first time homebuyers and I was a Realtor consultant for the show. They worked with and filmed my buyers through their first time process. The Toronto film crew went all around Coral Springs filming, and kept telling me how impressed they were with the area and how nice everyone was. The episode will air the end of August so stay tuned! Should you have more questions about Coral Springs or the surrounding areas, please don't hesitate to call me. I would be happy to assist you (954) 650-3615.
the coral springs.org link is "bad".
Flag Thu Apr 19, 2012
Pembroke Pines is a great area with close highway access if you'll be commuting to Miami, Ft. Lauderdale or Palm Beach County. I just sold and closed on a gorgeous 5 bedroom 3.5 bath 3 car garage home in Laguna Isles in west Pembroke Pines...down over $100,000 less than 2007. There are many newer developments west and many with a guard gate for extra security if that would give you more peace of mind. This amenity is included in your HOA fee which usually includes the clubhouse, community pool & recreation facilities...and sometimes lawn maintenace too. Feel free to call me with any questions at 954-650-3615.
Hi Sharon, I have really noticed that the condos are much more open floor plan, cleaner, and have more amenities for the price tag. I was pondering over moving to FL or Arizona since we are both retired and our son will be off to college in another year. If you have any 2 bed/2 bath condos, with a verandah, pool, tennis, please let me know. The end of June I could fly down for a week to take some tours. I love the sea and would love a 30 minute or less drive in addition to an on-site pool. I am not 51, but my husband is 64, so we would not mind a gated community. Not looking to do yard work or keep up a pool, so that would work out better. A view would be terrific! Thanks for your assistance. Kristine & Nehemiah Blake
Flag Thu Apr 19, 2012
Hi Pembroke Pines is a Wonderful city with beautiful Homes and Neighborhoods, you can find ranch style homes with 3 to 4 bedrooms and most homes have pools and screened in patios for great outdoor living also there's pembroke lakes mall and many nice shopping areas. and parks see link to the city of pembroke pines and if you have any other questions feel free to call me sara yap at 954-643-3403
Web Reference: http://www.ppines.com/
I am a member of the Pembroke Pines crime watch and I can say we have a lower crime rate than most cities, certainly those here in South Florida.

We do have our issues, but overall, the city is a great place to live.
The Pembroke Pines area both the older area and the newer areas have a low crime rate. Most of the population is a younger crowd so it is very common to see people jogging or walking to stay in shape. We have many communities with many amenities such as Gyms, Tennis Courts, Pools, etc.