Crime & Safety in Glen Park>Question Details

Camille, Renter in Glen Park, San Franc...

Is Monterey Boulevard near the Bart and a block away from Circular Avenue safe?

Asked by Camille, Glen Park, San Francisco, CA Thu Jan 19, 2012

Answers

7
Thank you all for your answers. They have been very helpful.
When it comes to any safety/crime related issues, it's always best to contact the local police department with all your questions, hear all there is to hear firsthand. If unfamiliar with the area do revisit more than once and at different times of day, possibly chat with locals/neighbors. Real estate professionals are prohibited from steering, enticing a buyer to purchase, or not, in specific neighborhoods.
http://www.neighborhoodscout.com/
https://www.crimereports.com
Hi Camille - from the perspective of a homeowner in the neighborhood (I'm prob ~4 blocks away from your intersection), it's a pretty darn safe place. Like everyone else said, normal levels of crime given that it's by the bart/in the city. But the sunnyside neighborhood is really a family friendly place -- a few blocks away from you is the Sunnyside Conservatory, a few blocks further is Sunnyside park. Also an awesome location if you need to bart or want to be close to shops/restaurants - you are only a ~3-5 min walk to the Glen Park strip. My favorite on the strip is Gialinas Pizza. Hope this helps!
Morning,

Not sure about recent activity, but I do remember hearing about some crime happening around the BART station at night last year. You can look up crime stats surrounding a particular address using the SF Police's crime map site - http://sf-police.org/index.aspx?page=1618.

That said, crime happens even in good neighborhoods as money attracts criminals. I recommend you actually talk with the folks at the precinct for background and context.

Lance King/Owner-Managing Broker
lance@fixedrateproperties.com
415.722.5549
DRE# 01384425
Hi - the downturn in our economy has not help with the city's crime statistics. The area is generally safe
but there are a few "bad apples" who do crime and thus ruin the reputation of an otherwise safe community. Because of those few "bad apples" , one has to be aware of your surroundings at all times.
In general, not a problem during the day or evening when there are plenty of people around. After dark,
as in any neighborhood, be aware of your surroundings, walk and park in well lighted areas. Heed my suggestions and you will be safer in any neighborhood. For a more detailed crime statistics report go to
trulia's crime and safety in glen park, san francisco and click on the number(s) in the map to show details. The other agents are correct - nothing takes the place of you going out to a neighborhood to see if you feel at home. Helen Yuen is a Realtor Associate with Land & Property Investments, Inc
in San Francisco's Sunset District (415) 469-0577
Crime can happen any place, any time. But if you look around the area you refer to you will not see security bars. That should give you an indication.

Or, drive around the area at various times of the day or night. That also will give you a feel for the neighborhood.

But, as I said, crime can happen any place, any time.

Astrid Lacitis
Keynote Properties
415 860 0765
Hi Camille-

Safety can be relative so the best thing to do is to drive through the area to get a feel for it. You could also check out the crime map on the SF Police Depts website.

Best of luck.

Rich Bennett, Realtor in SF since 2002

http://www.76-78Prosper.com

Zephyr Real Estate
DRE#01358540
Thanks Rich! I walked through Monterey Boulevard and felt safe. Following your advice I checked the crime map of the SF Police and crimes are mostly committed on the other side of the freeway. There seem to have been somes cases of burglaries nearby though.
Flag Thu Jan 19, 2012