Crime & Safety in Modesto>Question Details

Wanda, Other/Just Looking in fort campbell, ky 42...

Is Modesto,CA a good place to raise a family?

Asked by Wanda, fort campbell, ky 42223 Sat Jan 19, 2008

Answers

4
Wanda, I see you are from Fort Campbell, KY. Modesto proper may not be the right city for you. It is, as Nick suggested, really a big city (about 220k people). However, if my guess is correct you are looking for something similar to what you have now, and we have some truly lovely towns in the area. Ripon, for example is a town of aprox. 15k people and is known as "the Almond (that's pronounced "am-man") capital of the world. It is largely made up of farming families, whom have been there for decades. Ripon also boasts the 31 rated schools in all of San Joaquin County. Oakdale, just east of Modesto, is the "Cowboy Capital", with the world famous Oakdale Rodeo. It too is a small town, with some fine history. I would ask that you let us know what you are looking for in a town, and the odds are pretty good, we have one close by. Good luck in your search, and I hope I have helped. "The Coach"
The North side of Modesto is a good area to raise a family, specially from Standiford Ave up north, Salida and Ripon are also some cities close to Modesto that a lot of people prefer for raising a family.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Aug 8, 2012
Wanda, As long as you aren't married to Scott Peterson.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun Jan 20, 2008
Give me a break.
Flag Mon Oct 15, 2012
It is a great place to raise a family as long as you stick to parts that you are comforable in. Like all larger cities we have our pockets of nonsense, but in general it is a great place to live. The affordability for the location is second to none and we are becoming a medical hub for California.

If you would like I can email you more information on specfic neighborhoods based on your needs,

Hope this helps,
Nick
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Jan 19, 2008