Crime & Safety in Concord>Question Details

jimney_steve, Renter in Concord, CA

I would like to know about crime around Euclid ct in Concord. Is it a safe neighborhood?

Asked by jimney_steve, Concord, CA Fri Oct 19, 2012

The Medford Team’s answer
Overall, Realtors are prohibited by law from telling you whether or not any specific neighborhood is safe. It’s called “steering” and we are prohibited by our code of ethics and federal law from providing such information. Here are a couple posts that explain more:

NO STEERING ALLOWED: 3 Important Facts To Know As A Buyer…

Don’t Get ‘Steered’ in the Wrong Direction…

However, we CAN tell you where to go to get information. In your case, for crime statistics, go to the following sites:
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Oct 20, 2012
I am from a police family so I know the real scoop on finding out about crime. Stop at the police station and ask them. They will till you..... Sometimes the real live McCoy is better than fiddling with the computer......
Pat Bennett, Prudential Caluifornia Realty.
I tried the crimemapping website but much prefer -- very interesting data for Concord -- almost everything east of 680 is much safer then west, even though that is Pleasant Hill, Walnut Creek, Lafayette. Perhaps vicinity to a a freeway is a factor. Now there's an advantage to a long commute!

FYI Clayton has frequently been rated in the top ten safest cities in the USA
jimmey_steve.....I an proudly from a police familt with 4 of my immediate family serving with the local area police dept. I look carefully at at the crime stats everyday. Not only for my Real Estate customers, but for the safety of my family. I can honestly say that this Concord, Pleasant Hill, Martinez, Walnut Creek areas are surprisingly safe. Certainly, in comparison with large cities, this is like the garden of Eden. Of course, there are alway nut cases that will do " criminal stuff". But on the whole, I think that these areas are about as safe as you will find anywhere.

My suggestion , for your own peace of mind, is to stop at the main police station on Golindo st, and talk to an officer there who will be in charge of that information. That is the best place to find out what kiind of crime is going on in a prarticular neighborhood, and how much, and how often. My family has been involved for 35 years in police work... Now my grandson is a motorcycle officer. My daughter has been a police dispatcher for 18 years... The police Dept is always the best place to get your information. Then you know that no one is trying to "fool" you Also,.You can plug into Megans Law on your computer to search for predators. I actually found one living across the street from me. Needless, to say, I was not" pleased", but since I knew about him, I kept an eye out for his comings and goings until he finally moved out and went someplace else.......... Good Luck in finding just the right property,
Pat Bennett, Prudential Cal Realty 925-586-1830
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Oct 20, 2012
I suggest that you call the Concord police dept to get the activity of the area. Also check out
Suzanne Looket