Shakira De P…, Other/Just Looking in Dallas, TX

I would be moving to NE BAYSHORE CT WIT NE 80TH ST. HOW SAFE IS THE AREA FOR A PERSON THAT USE PUBLIC TRANSPORTATION AND RETURN HOME BY NIGHT TIME?

Asked by Shakira De Peña, Dallas, TX Thu Jul 25, 2013

This question was asked from http://www.trulia.com/rental/3101698562-8000-NE-Bayshore-Ct-…

Answers

5
Hello Shakira, no one has broken the law. if anyone says otherwise they are either misinformed or ignorant to the law. As agents we are experts in our market and are capable of giving our opinions. I think the law that this other agent is referring to is Steering. steering is talking to someone out of/ or into an area based on race, age or any other category protected by housing laws.
http://realtormag.realtor.org/law-and-ethics/law/article/2009/04/6-ways-avoid-illegal-steering

Just a little excerpt from the article above in case you cannot link to it for whatever reason

"Direct them to the police.
If buyers want to get a picture of the area’s crime rate, direct them to the police department or other sources of information. Don’t disclose crime statistics or say a neighborhood is a safe place to live even if you believe it to be true."
Flag Wed Jul 31, 2013
Tanya was the only person in here who has not broken the law.... congratulations!

Dear Shakira,

Either trulia resources or miamidade.gov resources can be good aides when determining the safety of a place. Realtors are not police officers and unless they are constantly monitoring police activity, you should never rely on the word of a realtor who tells you that a place is/isn't safe, mainly because that goes against Federal Housing Laws concerning steering and discrimination.

I have another post somewhere else where you can find a map of criminal activity (updated on the fly), which is provided by the MDPD. I hope this helps.
I'm Very familar with that area, take a look at the trulia crime report, but that relatively close to Biscayne BLVD and should be a solid area to live in terms of safety, however you should always be aware of your surroundings and never let you guard down.
That question is very subjective. Although the area of bayshore is fairly safe, you should always be aware of your surroundings. I think you should be fine waiting for a bus and walking home from there. I suggest looking at trulia's resources. Another great resource is the link below.
Web Reference: http://www.city-data.com
Trulia actually offers a criminal outline of all areas. You can also obtain crime information via your public court house records.