Crime & Safety in Anchorage>Question Details

Hope, Home Buyer in Anchorage, AK

I've noticed crime statistics showing high rape/ and other issues in anchorage and adjacent towns. Is this certain sections of town?

Asked by Hope, Anchorage, AK Mon Apr 16, 2012

Answers

5
Crime statistics do vary from neighborhood to neighborhood. This is why it is important to go house hunting with a local neighborhood expert who can provide guidance.

My website has a feature called Market Insider than many of my clients find helpful to gain valuable insight into the Anchorage community. Look at household incomes, crime risk, education levels attained, and potential for extreme weather. Use the map to locate points of interest like shopping, restaurants, and healthcare services.

You can even compare where you live to a new neighborhood or multiple areas using current information on community summaries, market stability, schools, listing vs. sold price, buyer vs. seller market, and even smoking bans.

Let me know if I can be of service!

Thanks!

Lindwood
3 votes Thank Flag Link Sat May 11, 2013
Our rape statistics are high because of our high alcoholism problem. A large number of the rapes occur to street inebriates, and Native Alaskan women who have come from the villages. Much like on indian reservations in the lower 48, native women are victimized at an alarmingly high rate.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat May 11, 2013
Alaska is #1 in the nation for sexual assaults per capita. Taxi drivers and law enforcement have even been arrested for such things, even here in Anchorage. The majority of crime occurs in the Mt. View and Fairview areas of town. I've lived here most of my 52 years of life and have not had any problems at all. You just need to know where to live and be cautious about strangers.. For the most part, however, it's pretty easy to tell who you should avoid. I think Alaska is a great place to live.
Hope,

You can visit http://www.dps.state.ak.us/ast/ for more information. I would still consider Anchorage as a great place to live, but a first hand info will surely help you. Please visit the website.

Uzzil Batucan
907-250-9196
The best advice I can provide you is to refer you to the Anchorage Police Department Website where you can search crime statistics for any neighborhood. This way you get the true up to date information strait from the source.