Crime & Safety in Dover>Question Details

Tora Washing…, Both Buyer and Seller in Maryland City, MD

I need to know how to find out about crime in a city were I'm moving.

Asked by Tora Washington, Maryland City, MD Tue Mar 16, 2010

Answers

4
The way I respond to this question is always contact the State Police first on line or by phone, they will give you the info or where to easily obtain it. Next, the local police. They should give you more exact and deeper info for a particular area that you can use to determine the answers to questions that you are looking for. Always before moving to an area you don't know first hand is to visit at different times of the day and talk to the neighbors. They know the area best.
I hope you all do you homework before moving to a new home.
Ed
Hi Tora:

Try this website:

http://www.disastercenter.com/crime/

Ron
I agree with Ann. Crime statistics are also available on line for every city.
It pays to be defensive and safe .
In real estate we focus on your concerns and able to recommend gated communities, multi residences or condos with 24 hour security.
Understanding your concerns is the first step in choosing the right location that gives you the comfort and a piece of mind.
Good Luck
Your best source of information is the local police department, call/visit and ask all your questions, they will gladly help and you can hear all firsthand--if visiting the area chat with locals as well if the opportunity arises and inquire.