Crime & Safety in 94520>Question Details

Elirasol, Home Buyer in 94520

I'm thinking to buy a condo in monument blvd, very close to 680 and I like to know if that street is save?

Asked by Elirasol, 94520 Mon Sep 26, 2011

I like to know if it's safe place for a family!
In the future I can rent it to some one I can trust and I like to know what is the crime rate in that street.

What did you end up doing?
You need to meet with a realtor to go over the safety of the neighborhood. With that being said, I've lived in that area over 10 years ago. The demographics have changed, and its became an area rich in culture and small businesses. There are many people that walk down the street at all times of the day. I can help you qualify for a loan and I can refer you to a realtor in the area that has been a real estate agent for 24 years.
Crime Reports is the best place to start.
If you are not familiar with an area, find a local Realtor who can show you the different neighborhoods. Find out what dollar amount you qualify for on a loan and if you don't like neighborhoods for what you can afford consider looking is other surrounding cities.
My office is right on Monument and I have sold several condos in the area and it seems to be a safe community. We have not had any significant problems
I have bought a few condos for clients in that area. You should check out the complex and consult with your realtor to determine if it meets you standard of safe. To rent it, you should check to see if there are any rental restrictions. Always consult with a professional in the area.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat May 18, 2013
I'd never buy anything near Monument close to 680.
You can also visit or call the local police dept.

The further east of 680/242 the better, according to what I see on
I have lived near Monument blvd for a year when young. I would not let even my enemy lives there. The area aground the Monument Blvd has one of the highest rates ( if not the highest ) in Concord. You can go to the local police department and check the crime rates. I would advice-- look somewhere else for a condo.
Stay away from Monument Blvd. That's the worst pat of Concord.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Dec 18, 2011
Here is another website that may be helpful for you. This part of Concord has more instances of crime than most other parts.
When it comes to any safety concerns, for accurate and up to the minute information, contact the local police department with all your questions, hear all firsthand. If unfamiliar with the area, revisit more than once and at different times of day, possibly chat with locals/neighbors; real estate professionals are prohibited from steering, enticing a buyer to purchase, or not, in specific neighborhoods.
The easiset way to get stats on crime in the area is to check with the local police department. In this case, it's located not very far from the area that you are considering.