Crime & Safety in Midtown>Question Details

Meredith Metz, Renter in Midtown, Atlanta, GA

I'm new to the area and want to live in Midtown, is it safe on Piedmont? Around 5th St or 8th St?

Asked by Meredith Metz, Midtown, Atlanta, GA Thu Jan 12, 2012

I'm looking at a few properties to rent and want to be in very close proximity to work on the 1500 block of Peachtree St. Is it safe on Piedmont? I'm looking anywhere from 5th to 10th St. What areas should I avoid?

This is a safe area. The closer you get to Ponce de Leon, the less safe it gets because of all the foot traffic on Ponce itself. And I'm talking right off of Ponce too. If your 3rd or 4th street or closer to Piedmont Park, there are no worries. Good Luck.

I think that is a great area, there are many area in the downtown area that have crime. No where is safe anymore. But over all its great. Call if you need agent to assist you. 404-914-6977 Latisha Thompson at PIE Realty, llc
As everyone has said, safety is a matter of personal opinion. Piedmont and 8th is urban and thus it's always best to aware of your surroundings. I frequent the area very often and am always comfortable walking around, etc.

I have a listing at Piedmont and 8th that's for sale and for lease. Check it out:…

The lease rate is $1100/month. It was just listed for lease a few days ago and several people have already looked at it.

Let me know if I can help.

Jonathan Huff
Keller Williams Realty Metro Atlanta
m 404-492-7804 .:. f 678-815-0955 .:.
I've been a Midtown resident on 5th Street and West Peachtree for over 5 years, and have no complaints. I wouldn't trade the location for anything!

Jonathan Cundiff

Mortgage Consultant
NMLSR ID 448285
Wells Fargo Home Mortgage
464 Cherokee Ave Se
Atlanta, GA 30312
MAC M2166-021
Tel (404) 610-1011
Fax (877) 302-9968
Welcome to Atlanta!

Everyone has a different concept of what "safe" means. Where ever you live in Atlanta, you need to always be aware of your surroundings and be careful not to make yourself a target. If you do these things you will be fine. That said, crime can happen to anyone anywhere any time.

Check out the Atlanta Police Department's website below for a breakdown of crime on a street by street basis.

Give me a call if I can be of any further assistance (404-425-4945).
Common sense prevails in most instances.

The midtown area of Atlanta that you're referring to is highly sought after. But, use common sense.
1) Don't leave valuables in a parked car.
2) Avoid walking the streets alone at night. (That goes for just about everywhere.)
Hi, You can visit and for in-depth crime stats and area demographics. another option is to contact the local police dept for the info.

My office is on Juniper between 6th and 7th. I have been in it for over 10 years now.

Rodney Mason, NMLS #151088
Sr Loan Officer
Prospect Mortgage
825 Juniper St NE, Atlanta, GA 30308
Office: (404) 591-2453
Apply Online at
Licensed in Alabama & Georgia

Prospect Mortgage offers a full selection of mortgage programs including:
Conventional | FHA | FHA 580-639 FICO | FHA 203K Renovation (Streamline & Consultant) | HomePath® | HomePath® Renovation | VA | USDA | GA Dream | Jumbo Financing
Web Reference: