Crime & Safety in Bridgeport>Question Details

mfr1003, Renter in Chicago, IL

I'm looking to move into a studio at 3225 S May St in Chicago. Any thoughts about the neighborhood?

Asked by mfr1003, Chicago, IL Sun May 26, 2013

This question was asked from http://www.trulia.com/homes/Illinois/Chicago/sold/1000157752…

Answers

11
If you are still looking for an apartment I may be able to help you. I know Bridgeport (CHICAGO neighborhood) very well - block by block. My family still owns property in great locations East of Halsted in Bridgeport, and I actually grew up in the area as well. Certain parts of Bridgeport truly hold a special place in my heart and I've lived up North, North suburbs, Downtown, and South and this is the one neighborhood (certain parts of it) that feels like a real neighborhood full of history and a feel of yesteryear. The properties are not cookie cutter homes like many you find in newer areas (some suburbs). It has a great example of Chicago architecture throughout from bungalows, greystones, raised ranches to beautiful brick multi-unit buildings, and now even some million dollar mansion like properties (mostly EAST of Halsted).

In any case, Bridgeport to me is a neighborhood with passionate people who love their neighborhood. Many who have moved out to the suburbs, I can tell you regret leaving due to the escalating cost of real estate in the area. Should you decide to contact me, as a NATIVE CHICAGOAN, I can help you with a rental in the area or any where else in Chicago for that matter.

Best Wishes,
Carmen
As REALTORS® we can not assist you in answering this question per the ethical guidelines of our practice. I would highly recommend contacting your local police department. They can provide you with types of calls to the area and the frequency. This is a good rule of thumb as a starting point. Safety and comfort levels are personal based on one's experiences.

Also, visit with neighbors in the area. You may want to drive around the area at different times of the day. Always trust your gut instinct. In today's world it is best to be aware of one's surroundings at all times.

Hope these ideas help!
Dear Renter,

Please see http://gis.chicagopolice.org/ . As brokers we are not allowed to comment on crime.
Visit the neighborhood and the local police or fire department. See if it meets your needs.
its a good place for what your paying
fair housing fair housing fair housing
Visit the neighborhood at several different times and check with local police department to see what type of activity has occurred in past 12 months in neighborhood. Also be aware of traffic from white sox gam during game season.
Go to the neighborhood at all different times of the day and night and see for yourself. Only you know whats best for you.
I would say the best way to get a fill for an area is to drive around the neighborhood different times of the day and then see what you think.
I sold to my client a house just there ..the only problem that could have is if you are NO A WHITE SOX FAN because the area is very PRO SOX
Great neighborhood ! Take a drive around the area , in my personal opinion that south coordinate is great !