Crime & Safety in 06515>Question Details

George K., Home Buyer in Hartford, CT

I'm interested in a condo in Westville just south of Fountain, a couple of blocks west of Edgewood Park.

Asked by George K., Hartford, CT Sun Jun 29, 2008

Would you consider this safe for a single mid-20's female? What about resale value? Thanks!

Answers

3
Donna Springer’s answer

Currently there are 10 active condos to choose from in the Fountain Street area. If you look at stats for this year, 2 have sold and Average Days on Market was 74; The sales price average 95% of List Price. This area offers a great alternative to young buyers who want to be close to downtown New Haven and Yale.

As stated by another Realtor, we cannot identify an area as "safe" but I do suggest you drive around the area and, if possible, talk to some of the residents in the complex you are interested in.
Fountain street is a pretty decent area of New Haven.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri Dec 26, 2008
Go to the website for the New Haven Independent; they have a link to a crime map, I believe, that you can search by street and neighborhood and then read... it's based on police reports. Only you can decide what you feel is "safe" enough.... but in general that neighborhood is pretty darn nice. A lot of people love living in Westville...