Crime & Safety in San Pedro>Question Details

Megan Harwood, Home Buyer in Los Angeles, CA

I'm considering buying ~ Pacific and 18th St. Is this area considered safer than the rest of Pacific? I am worried about feeling comfortable

Asked by Megan Harwood, Los Angeles, CA Sat Oct 27, 2012

here.. Will the re-development project improve the quality and safety of this area? I know "Crafted at the Port of LA" is one amazing new asset.
Are any more restaurants and/or shops planned?

Answers

6
Megan-

Good afternoon, I wanted to follow up on your post. Are you still looking for a place you can call home? I know end of last year and beginning of this year inventory was really low and a lot of buyers got discouraged. If you didn't find that right home yet, I would encourage you to start looking again. rates and values have increased but so has the inventory. More people are selling and I have a proven system that gets my offers to the top in multiple offer situations.

I look forward to the opportunity to assist you.

Have an exceptional day!

Cheryl Friedman
This is not the best area of San Pedro. I would not recommend it. Please contact me at: 310-987-2093 if you are looking for a Realtor in the San Pedro, CA, area. I also live in San Pedro.

Kindest Regards,
Alicia Price
Prudential CA Realty
Pacific Street between 15th and 22nd street can be pretty busy with "tweekers" and other stragglers wandering around.
The San Pedro "re-development project" had been a 20 year process. I would not count on that for much at all. 18th and Gaffey is a middle ground. Not much below Gaffey is nice until you get to about 30th or the Point Fermin area. As a single woman I would not walk there at night for sure. I am not a real estate agent but I have lived here for 20 years.
Megan,

I have lived in San Pedro for 7 years. If you want information about San Pedro or real estate in the area, feel free to call me.

Michael Magaw
310.259.6850
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Oct 28, 2012
Hi Megan. I believe your questions about crime can best be answered by talking to the police department. I would love to help you in buying your property. Give me a call at 323 906 6135, Manuel for all your real estate needs.