Crime & Safety in 08701>Question Details

Kevin Kennedy, Home Buyer in 08701

I hear there is a lot of crime in Lakewood NJ?

Asked by Kevin Kennedy, 08701 Mon Sep 17, 2012

Answers

4
Before you consider buying any home it is best to check with the local police dept to address your concerns. You can also walk around the neighborhood and ask a few people that live there how they like the community.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Sep 23, 2012
Hi Kevin.

The crime rate in Lakewood is below the national average for a town of Lakewood's size. It sounds like this is a big concern, I would like to point out that two of Lakewood's neighbors Brick and Toms River are both consistantly ranked as TOP 10 Safest towns in America by the Quinto Morgan organization that ranks towns annually. Perhaps they would be more appealing to you. Please let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Click the link below for more data.
Hi Kevin,

You can learn all about the crimes (or lack there of) in the area right here on Trulia: http://www.trulia.com/real_estate/Lakewood-New_Jersey/crime/

Hope this helps!

Ali, Community Manager
I don't really know but it is a popular area . I know some people that have relocated there from NY
city. They have not mentioned the crime situation. Years ago it was a big resort area
There are other cities in Nj that I know are definate high crime cities but I never heard of lakewood being one of those. You could proberly look up the local papers like the Asbury Press and
get some idea what is going on