tmamone, Home Buyer in Lehigh Acres, FL

I hear Lee High Acres if full of crime and undesirables? Is this true? Im moving to Ft Myers area soon. Thanks!

Asked by tmamone, Lehigh Acres, FL Thu May 31, 2012

Answers

8
There are many different definitions of undesirable, that is a very relative term. Hearing about something and experiencing it first hand are two entirely different things. Lehigh, like anywhere, has its positives and its negatives. If you like a more rural, less restrictive lifestyle, then Lehigh may be the perfect place. I personally know many awesome people who make Lehigh their home and take pride in the community in which they live. Don't judge based on hearsay, gather your own information. The Lee County Sheriff's Office is a good place to start with crime information. http://www.sheriffleefl.org/main/index.php?r=crimeActivity/index
Consult other parents if schools are a concern. Talk to local business owners, church pastors, etc. You may be surprised at what you learn.

Neil G. Blair-Bennett
Broker-Associate
239 645-3798
Well said Neil
Flag Thu May 31, 2012
I was thinking of moving to Lehigh Acres myself or Cape Coral. Which one has less crime?
And I wonder which gives you the most home for your buck?

Have they rebuilt very much since 2009?

A concerned
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun Nov 4, 2012
Depending on where in Lehigh, I think Lehigh has a lot less crime. It's very safe where I live in Lehigh. Cape Coral has crime, and tends to very restrictive on what you can do on your own property, put there, plant there, park there, etc. Lehigh has BIG back yards. I think Lehigh gives you more for your buck, it's safer in hurricanes and no flood insurance is needed.
Flag Mon Mar 18, 2013
As a Realtor I am not allow to give a view on this because of the Fair Housing Laws. I can be guilty of a term call "steering" Crazy maybe but true and it’s the law.

I can direct you to a site that allows you to do your own research and make your own determination.

Go to http://www.bestplaces.net and type in the city, town or zip code in the search area.

Also a visit to the local Policing Department can be a good source.

Lastly, it is always good to view the area you be buying in at various time of the day and days of week. Real life experience always top and seems to answer the doubts.

For zip code and other information about the area, check out http://www.rwolchesky.wordpress.com too
Hope this helps.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu May 31, 2012
I live in Lehigh and we were worried about the rumors that Lehigh was a horrible place to live, but we have been here for almost 6 months and we live "In the country" of Lehigh and nothing exciting or dangerous has happened here. I think you need to check out the areas first. I personally wouldn't live in downtown Lehigh, its got more undesireable places, but out here, yeah I would say "sign a lease" or "put a down payment down!!"
I've lived in Town Lakes located in Lehigh Acres for 5 years, and it is a lovely quiet place, with caring neighbors.
Fort Myers has more crime and "undesirables" than Lehigh lol
I have lived in Lehigh Acres since '08. The area I live in (off of Beth Stacy) is quite and peaceful. My neighbors are great people.

Lehigh is located closed to Ft Myers and any entertainment, shopping, etc are 30 mins away.

I love it here.
No problems!,We live here was the answer by two different, a male and a female taxi driver we met
an year ago .