Denise, Other/Just Looking in Pacific Heights, San...

I have been contacted by a person with your company to sell my Club Regina TimeShare in Cabo. Does this person represent your company? Amy Erickson

Asked by Denise, Pacific Heights, San Francisco, CA Wed Aug 10, 2011

Mr. Webb,

We have not received a confirmation of acceptance regarding the purchase offer we previously sent to you. We would appreciate if you could please let us know at your earliest convenience whether you would like to accept the offer so we are able to move onto the next step of sending you the Exclusive Sales Agreement to review and sign if so desired.

After that, we have a few things that need to be addressed before we can close the sale:

1. We are waiting on confirmation of funds into Escrow.

(The buyer has chosen one of the largest banks in Mexico, and this particular bank does require a non-reimbursable account. The money can be deposited, but cannot be withdrawn.)

2. We are waiting for the name of the buyer (the company making the purchase must use the names of some of their executives, e.g. their accountant as the name of the buyer.)

3. We will then send you the TRANSFER FORMS. They need to be filled out, including the name

The best thing you can do is to cancel your timeshare contract. There is no resale market for timeshares; you can find timeshares on eBay even for pennies. I recommend you to read an article with good information about this:…
It looks as though they are asking you to pay money to sell your property before you sell it. I can't imagine any legitimate company doing business that way. You can also research the company/agent on the internet.

Lance King/Owner-Managing Broker
DRE# 01384425
Be real careful with timeshare's. There a real timebomb. That's the most volatile market niche in the RE industry.
Contact that persons Broker and find out if this is legit. If this is fraud, please repost and let everyone know.

As far as I know, My company is not in Mexico Yet. My advice to you is, ask for her license and check the department of real estate website to make sure she is licensed. Please contact me if you have any other questions or doubts.
Web Reference:
Never pay any money to sell your timeshare. Go to The Timeshare User Group at and read up on how to properly sell your timeshare.