Crime & Safety in Cumming>Question Details

Cart1021, Home Buyer in Savannah, GA

I have a question about crimes in this area for this year 2013. What kind of crimes were commited this year and how many?

Asked by Cart1021, Savannah, GA Mon Mar 18, 2013

This question was asked from…

Laurengarner’s answer
I'm with local law enforcement in the area and like most communities we have a variety of crime to include drugs, DUI, theft, and violent crime. I will say that our law enforcement agencies both county and city are very proactive, well trained, and responsive. We even have a Facebook page for county crime announcements. My family is here, my home. It's a safe, well panned, conscientious community and the fastest growing county in the state. It is truly a great place to live.
What is the FB page link, thanks!
Flag Wed Apr 10, 2013
Real Estate Agents are not allowed to comment on a variety of topics. The Fair Housing Act restricts the information that can be provided by a Real Estate Agent.

Off Limit Topics Include:
• Crime Statistic (including questions about whether a neighborhood is good or bad or safe)
• Demographics
• Environmental Concerns
• Household Income
• Religion
• Schools (including questions about how good or bad the school is)

Determining to the answers to questions on any of the topics listed above is something that you would need to do on your own. It is up to the individual to make their own determination about a specific area. If a Real Estate Agent were to comment on such a thing, it could be steering which is a prohibited act.

Some websites to try include:

Reasons Why A Real Estate Agent Cannot Comment……

These links should be able to provide some of the answers you are seeking.

Rodney Mason, NMLS #151088
Sr Loan Officer
Prospect Mortgage
825 Juniper St NE, Atlanta, GA 30308
Office: (404) 591-2453
Apply Online at
Licensed in Alabama & Georgia with over a decade of mortgage lending experience.

Prospect Mortgage offers a full selection of mortgage programs including:
Conventional | FHA | FHA 580-639 FICO | FHA 203K Renovation (Streamline & Consultant) | HomePath® | HomePath® Renovation | HomeStyle® Renovation | VA | USDA | GA Dream | Jumbo Financing.
Best thing to do is check the local public safety website, for example in Cumming it is either the Forsyth County Sheriff or the City of Cumming Police, depending on where the property is. I will say that in general Cumming is a safe city, truly a suburb community of Atlanta.

I would be happy to show you properties and give you more information about the community. Give me a call when you get a minute!

Rick Musto, Realtor®, ABR®, SRES®
Managing Broker
Buckhead Home Realty
Serving the Atlanta Metro Area
Work: 404-419-1004
Fax: 770-783-3119