Crime & Safety in 33012>Question Details

Yleana, Home Buyer in Hialeah, FL

I'd like to know if it is legal to have 3 apartments in a house in hialeah gardens. there are 5 people living

Asked by Yleana, Hialeah, FL Wed Feb 6, 2008

in the house total.. one kitchen, 3 bathrooms and 2 available parking spaces excluding the backyard

Answers

1
Joel’s answer
Hi Yleana :

I have seen your question posted for two days without answer . Usually the ppl in this site answer very fast unless the question (like yours) is very confusing.

If you mean spliting the house in three to rent em separately .. the answer is no, thats not legal

Best regards

Joe
Yleana,

You and other persons can share a house and have separate entrances, provided the layout allows it and the work is permitted with the governing municipality, What you will not be able to do is add kitchens in the rooms, but you would not be prohibited from renting out rooms or sharing expenses between several residents. There may also be additional implications as to the fire department and insurance issues, Additionally, if you live in a community that has an association you may not be able to rent out rooms. I suggest, if you need additional income to make ends meet, is to go the Building and Zoning Department to find out what would be allowed and to consult with a local General Contractor who can guide you permits and costs.
Flag Thu Feb 12, 2015