Crime & Safety in Brentwood>Question Details

Yahannia Som…, Other/Just Looking in Kahoka, MO

I and my husband and my 2 young kids are planning to move to Brentwood (bay area) from Missouri and i wanted

Asked by Yahannia Sommers, Kahoka, MO Mon Feb 11, 2008

to know what the crime rate was.

Answers

4
In my opinion, they will drop more as most of the mortgage resets will take place in the 1st half of this year going into Sept, which means bulk of foreclosures in 2nd half of this year. Not good for prices and real estate not likely to pick up this year.
Real estate prices have dropped significantly in Brentwood and many SFR are available at bargain prices...
Brentwood is a city in flux. During the boom of 2003-2006, it was nearly impossible to buy a house in Brentwood without a lottery. However, with the "snap-back" in real estate, Brentwood is suffering one of the highest forclosure rates in Contra Costa County. The vast majority of the houses in Brentwood were built in the last 5 years, so it is a great time to get a brand new house for a good price, however expect to have at least 3 completly abandoned houses on every block in town. The crime rate is low in town, however, it may change because of all the abandoned houses.
PS - Also consider you may have one of the worst commutes in the Bay Area if you need to drive on the 4 freeway.
Hi Yahannia,

You will find crime information for this area on Trulia at the link below. Under Brentwood Community Info click on the Crime Statistics tab.

Best Wishes,

Emily Gibson
Customer Service Representative