Crime & Safety in Saint Paul>Question Details

Michael, Home Buyer in Saint Paul, MN

I am wondering if there is a large number of violent crimes in the dayton bluffs area of st. Paul.

Asked by Michael, Saint Paul, MN Wed Sep 26, 2012

Answers

5
Hi, Michael!
This give us all another opportunity to remind buyers and sellers that we cannot address providing you with our assessment of crime in certain areas. That's why you'll see us agents giving you websites to seek the information on your own!!

We are bound by the State and Federal laws which provide guidelines about what information they deem discriminatory. And, this is a good thing!!! They want us to avoid what's called "steering". That means they don't want us directing you toward or away from any areas based on what WE think is acceptable. It's VERY important for the buyers to make that call based on what THEY find acceptable. Does that make sense??

Good luck~
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Oct 10, 2012
If you want a great place to check on St Paul crime rates click on this link http://www.stpaul.gov/index.aspx?NID=690

Kirk Duckwall
The Duckwall Team of Realtors
Edina Realty
Cell 651-303-0019
http://www.DuckwallTeam.com
Your Referrals Are Greatly Appreciated
Tune in to our Twin Cities Real Estate Radio Show Sundays at Noon on AM950
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Sep 26, 2012
In my humble opinion "YES".

My husband and I lived in Daytons Bluff for 7 years in a beautiful Queen Anne home that was on the National Historical Register. We left because there had been a stabbing at the local elementary building down the street. We lost two St. Paul Police Officers (one a close friend) and a police dog, just one block from our home.

We cried when we left, but are very happy in White Bear Lake, where I grew up and have just celebrated our 27th year here.

I worked for the School District and both of our daughter received excellent educations.
Licensed realtors are not allowed to give you their opinion about the crime rate in any given area. However, you can call the police station and ask how many calls they've answered due to violent crime in any area you are interested in. Since crime often varies street by street, they will be able to help you better if you can ask about specific streets. Keep in mind, as well, that stranger assault is a different category than domestic assault.
Here in the metro area it is easy to find out what is going on in any community. Contact the St Paul police department's community service area and they will provide you with the information you seek. You might also want to contact the Metro Council for additional community information such as transportation, community events and neighborhood involvement. Liz 612-986-4105