Crime & Safety in Stockton>Question Details

Ebohawthor, Home Buyer in Stockton, CA

I am new to the area. I currently live in North Stockton but I am interested in purchasing a home over on Aptos Lane. How is the area?

Asked by Ebohawthor, Stockton, CA Fri Mar 30, 2012

Answers

4
Christy and Kimberly are very much correct.

It's always great to see in person what a neighborhood "looks" like. But seeing some pretty flowers in the yards won't inform you of how "safe" a neighborhood is. Seeing a white picket fence or a car parked on a front lawn won't inform you of how many burglaries have occurred in that neighborhood in the last 6 months.

My suggestion is to drive by and then go online to see how many drive-by's have been reported.
Living here all my life and showing houses all over Stockton, I would have to agree with Christy. It is always a good idea to drive the area you are considering and considering living in. There is a big difference in the two areas of Stockton. You are always welcome to check the crime rate, schools and area features, however driving the area is going to be your best option. Let us know if we can answer any other questions and good luck with your new home!
I always recommend that clients new to the Stockton area drive through the neighborhood they are considering several times at all different times of the day. It will give you a much better idea what the neighborhood is really like that just going to look at one house one time. Good luck!

You can research crime reports here: http://www.crimemapping.com/map/ca/stockton

Just type in the address near the top and change the time frames.

This should give you the info you're looking for.

Randy
The Crimemapping tool is great! Only draw back is it only show crime as reported by Stockton PD. The County Sheriff isnt reporting to the website yet.
Flag Tue Apr 3, 2012