Crime & Safety in 18951>Question Details

Stephanie, Home Buyer in Philadelphia, PA

I am looking to move to the Cedar Grove Estates part of Quakertown (Neighborhood off Park Ave Behind Grundy House)?

Asked by Stephanie, Philadelphia, PA Mon Mar 4, 2013

I am unaware of this area and would like to know if it is a safe place to live. I have a baby and do not want him growing up in a bad area. I have been trying to read about this area and am getting mixed reviews. Anyone that lives here have any advice for me? Thanks!

Answers

4
Hi Stephanie,

I live it the neighborhood. I have no issues of it being unsafe. I do not have any children but a lot of neighbors do and their children play all the time outside. The kids play games in the street a lot and people know to drive very carefully through that neighborhood. I have lived in Cedar Grove for 7 years. Please feel free to contact me about any questions you may have. I have lived in the Quakertown Area for my entire life and have been selling real estate for 10 years. My cell is 215-534-2539.

Have a great day,

Marcie Purcell
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Mar 4, 2013
Thank you for your answer. I am currently working with a realtor and am potentially under contract with a home, but as I have researched more and more about the crime I began to get nervous. I do know nowhere is perfect I currently live in Warminster and am fully aware that drugs aren't exactly non-existent here
Flag Mon Mar 4, 2013
Hi Stephanie,
I sold a few houses in Cedar Grove and you are correct that a lot of people have different opinions.
The issue, is that everyone has a different perception and different feeling about certain areas so its hard to make a blanket statement.
As I tell my clients, the best idea may be to drive around the development and see how you feel. Its also a good idea to go over on a Saturday or Sunday and talk to some of the neighbors as they will give you a good idea of the development.

Here is a link to some listings in the area that you may find interesting. Ive included a few other developments that are close by

http://www.montgomerycountypaproperties.com/search/results/?…
I'm not sure if you are looking to buy or rent but I just put one up for rent for $1250/mth it will be available for April 1st, 2013.
My name is Todd and were are going to be relocating to the Quakertown area for my wife's work sometime in May 2013. We currently live in MD and are looking for info on rentals in the Quakertown area. We also have a specials need son who is 7 with autism and were wonder what schools would be best for him. We want to spend up to 1800.00 at most a month for rent. Can you send me any info. http://www.todd13111@hotmail.com Thank You, Todd Hancock
Flag Sun Mar 24, 2013
Here are the average prices!

4 $146,200 $144,925 $143,668 $171,900 $114,845

$143k is the average settled price. I can email you the active listings if need be.

Frank Dolski MBA, ABR, e-PRO
Associate Broker
Certified Relocation Specialist
Previews Luxury Home Specialist
Coldwell Banker Hearthside Realtors
Ranked #1 In The State of PA in 2012 For Coldwell Banker International Realtors
2012 Coldwell Banker International President’s Elite Award
2010-2011 Coldwell Banker International President’s Circle Award
215-803-3237 (mobile)
215-794-1070 x-103
f.dolski@cbhearthside.com
http://www.FrankDolski.Com
I am looking to speak with people that live in the area.
Flag Mon Mar 4, 2013